EAG Laboratories is looking for a leader to join one of our of fastest growing divisions. In this role, the ideal candidate will assist the Director/Sr. Director of Operations with the overall responsibility for the technical operations of assigned area. Plans and directs the activities of the operational area supporting research and development and quality control systems for pharmaceutical, animal health, agricultural, and other organizations. Responsible for the product quality of group and operational performance. Utilizes, designates, and manages all resources in order to achieve top quality product for clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans, coordinates, and directs client-contracted programs for research, product development, and improvement of manufacturing processes.
- Directs technical resources in the form of staff, equipment, and facilities to provide company’s service to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and chemical industries.
- Provides for adherence to established standards, policies, protocols, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and governmental regulatory standards relative to the services provided by the group.
- Leads and/or delegates day-to-day activities of subordinates in order to achieve expected results in terms of technical and quality performance according to applicable government regulations, manufacturing processes, or other considerations and approves creation and/or modification of standards, procedures, specifications, and processes.
- Assists the Director/Sr. Director by directing and administering assigned functions to ensure high quality, cost effective services, which meet or surpass all regulatory standards. Maintains and guides the implementation of organizational policies and procedures in compliance with state, federal, and other regulatory guidelines.
- Supports overall strategy plan for quality improvement initiatives and utilizes data generated from applicable sources to lead the quality focus of the department.
- Interprets results of laboratory activities to laboratory personnel, management, and professional and technical societies.
- Advises senior management, technical personnel, and other staff of activities of group.
- Prepares reports and technical papers.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with staff, clients, and leadership.
- Represents group and EAG at selected conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Ensures laboratory area meets regulatory, resource, and safety requirements.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemicalengineering, pharmaceutical sciences or other directly related field or degree with comparable coursework in the above areas and a minimum of nine (9) years of increasingly responsible industry experience. A significant history of supervisory/management experience is required or
- A Master’s degree in relevant fields as described above and a minimum of seven (7) years of increasingly responsible industry experience. A significant history of supervisory/management experience is required or
- A PhD in relevant fields as described above and a minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible industry experience. A significant history of supervisory/management experience is required.
Preferred Qualifications Experience in a CRO environment with a focus in Biologics.
Requisition Number 17-0230