ERM is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Senior Environmental Engineer with NY PE to join our growing team in New York (Melville, Syracuse, Rochester, Manhattan). Working under the direction ofproject managers and partners, the successful candidate will work on interesting site investigation and remediation projects throughout the Northeast and other US locations. This is a great opportunity towork with ERM's technical experts to implement the latest engineering and remediation technologies, including working on high-profile litigation projects.
- Conduct field work, including remedial pilot tests, construction oversight, and review of remedial system operation and maintenance.
- Assist in groundwater and system performance monitoring.
- Compile and evaluate data and assist in report preparation.
- Prepare environmental compliance plans, permits, and reports for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- BS in civil, environmental or chemical engineering, MS preferred
- 5 to 10 years of experience, including willingness/interest in field assignments
- NY State P.E. License
- Experience in developing/reviewing bid specifications and design drawings
- Experience in construction management and contractor oversight
- Working knowledge of New York and New Jersey Environmental regulations
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols
- Ability to work independently on less complex issues and as part of a team
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed
- Valid Driver’s license and a good driving record
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training a plus
- Local candidates preferred