This position will report to the Director of Financial Reporting and be responsible for producing high quality financialreporting including the monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated audited financial Statements & MD&A in an IFRS compliant environment.
- Lead reporting resource preparing the monthly consolidated IFRS financial statements for Spin Master Corp. Consolidation consists of the consolidation of 30+ entities, with 10+ functional currencies, and the preparation of consolidating and elimination entities, including intercompany balances and transactions.
- Prepare the global intercompany reconciliation, foreign exchange and cumulative translation adjustment proofs, ensuring the accuracy of financialreporting. Performs and monitors control checks during the month-end close process and provide recommendations.
- Prepare quarterly and annual published IFRS consolidated financial statements, including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and required disclosures.
- Lead the preparation of the quarterly and annual MD&A and assist in the preparation of the Annual Report and Annual Information Form.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the quarterly Board of Directors and Audit Committee meetings.
- Act as lead Finance liaison and work closely with the Company’s auditors on Quarterly Reviews and Annual Audit.
- Prepare technical accounting memos for complex accounting transactions, including acquisitions. Note: acquisitions have been a key component of our growth strategy, the Company as completed 7 since the public offering in 2015.
- Prepare the interpretation and application of complex accounting standards for the Company, including writing and reviewing research papers and working closely with various business groups to assess underlying issues and facts.
- Be involved in the research and interpretation of new IFRS pronouncements and work closely with the business to assess their impact on the organization's financial statements and accounting policies. (e.g. IFRS 15, IFRS 9, and IFRS 16).
- Responsible for ensuring the financialreporting team is in compliance with all internal controls over the financialreporting and monthly close processes.
- Assist in the analysis of monthly results.
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects as required.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree and Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA).
- Minimum of 5 to 7years of post-qualification related experience. Reporting experiencerequired, including the preparation of quarterly/annual documents.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS including technical accounting and reporting requirements.
- Detailed oriented and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Results oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and self-starter, ability to work well independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Driven to discover reasons for financial trends and provide insightful financial analysis.
- Experience with SAP and SAP BPC a big asset.