Associates Degree Preferred
Baptist Easley Location: Environmental Services - Hospital
Status: Full-Time, Days
All employees are expected to be knowledgeable and compliant with Baptist Easley's values of compassion, dignity, excellence, integrity and teamwork. In addition, this job also coordinates day-to-day operational activities with other managers, administers the departmental quality assurance/continuous quality improvement program, assists with contract supervision, coordinates immediate work activities with official throughout the facility, provides for appropriate utilization of resources and provides direct supervision for employees assigned to area of responsibility.
- · Education: 2 years of college education preferred
- · Experience: Five (5) years of related experience
- · Number and Type of Employees Supervised: direct responsibility for 20 employees
- · Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: Membership and active participation in the National Executive Housekeepers Association preferred
- · Special Training: Supervisory skills and mandatory training are required; must have sound knowledge of procedures, use of cleaners, pest management, and waste disposal.
- · Age of Patients Rendered Care: All Age Groups
- · Provide effective leadership by coordinating and integrating services within their department, with other departments and with the hospital's primary functions. Serve as a resource for physicians.
- · Implement policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of the services.
- · Manage departmental budget including processes to monitor operational and capital costs.
- · Manage department human resources by: determining qualifications, competence and performance expectations; implementing and monitoring staffing plans; providing orientation, in-service training and continuing education of all persons in the department and applying policies/procedures pertaining to human resources management.
- · Continuously assess and improve the department's performance by designing operational processes, monitoring performance through data, analyzing the data, implementing sustainable performance improvement, and participating in multi-disciplinary inter-departmental PI activities.
- · Manage information by providing information systems and data management for department operations and performance improvement including analysis, design, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of systems and applications based on end-user needs.
- · Manage the environment (of care) by developing, implementing and monitoring processes to reduce and control environmental hazards and risks; preventing accidents and injuries and maintaining safe conditions for patients, staff and visitors.
- · Ensures that care and caution are exercised to maintain a safe environment for all Hospital guests (patients, visitors, physicians and staff).