PCM is seeking an Avaya Telecom Engineer who will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of the Avaya voice telecommunications system infrastructure and associated peripherals. Familiarity with Avaya systems and platforms is a MUST!
The Avaya Telecom Engineer should be able to demonstrate technical expertise, articulate documentation, a record of successful projects and satisfied clients, an ability to understand and articulate customer needs.
The ideal candidate will be hungry to learn and grow within an organization!
The position is based in Newark, but will require some travel to the Midtown Location. Mileage is reimbursed at the established corporate rates.
- Install, move, and modify Avaya telecommunications and related equipment according to job order specifications, standards, and procedures.
- Update pertinent local phone directory databases as IMACs occur.
- Update cabling databases, wiring diagrams as needed.
- Diagnose equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain and repair telecommunications systems and equipment according to manufacturer recommendations and specifications.
- Implement approved system/device changes in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Test and evaluate Avaya systems/devices to eliminate problems and make improvements.
- Assist other groups in troubleshooting problems that require technical analysis or performance review.
- Create and publish and maintain up to date and accurate telecom documentation and diagrams. May act as project manager on assigned projects.
- Establish time and cost estimates. Maintains accurate records of hours worked and any equipment or materials used.
- Report and monitor service order changes.
- Perform on-site inventories. Verify resulting inventory records and report to management as required.
- Oversee on-site work in areas of system design, inventory and end-user training.
- Perform additional functions incidental to technician activities.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in computer/information sciences, mathematics, business/MIS or related field preferred, or equivalent relative experienceMinimum of three years relevant telecommunications experience
- Experience in large enterprise telecom environments
- Can screen complex, technical or specialized literature for referral
- Writes simple internal memoranda, fills out complex forms
- Experience within or across telecom vendor technologies with a deep knowledge in Avaya Technologies.
- Must have demonstrated technical leadership, a record of successful projects and satisfied clients
- Ability to take on-call duties and local travel to other facilities in the NY/NJ region
- Experience with one or more telecom system platforms (Avaya)
- Experience and general knowledge of networks / TCP/IP
- Experience and understanding of general telecom system architecture
Requisition ID 2017-1844