Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
Salary: commensurate with experience
Office of International Education and Global Initiatives (IEGI) administers Binghamton University's international exchange and education abroad programs. Education abroad advising and coordination of arrangements are also provided to students who utilize SUNY and non-SUNY education abroad programs. IEGI, a partof the Division of Academic Affairs, offers leadership for and programadministration of other international education projects for the entire University community.
The IEGA Financial Analyst reports to the Assistant Provost for International Education and Global Affairs, with dotted line oversight from the Business Affairs Office. The Financial Analyst manages and coordinates all aspects of IEGI accounting and finance, ensuring that all related activity is performed accurately, timely, and in compliance with NYS, SUNY, Binghamton Foundation, and University policies and procedures.
- Prepare departmental and education abroad related program budgets: track spending, develop financial forecasts, obtain required approvals, and monitor activity accordingly
- Perform periodic reconciliations on all accounts and programs under the responsibility of IEGI, reporting any transactions in question, correcting errors identified, and obtaining required approvals
- Follow State procurement policies and procedures in securing necessary goods and services, and work with the Purchasing Department as appropriate. Validate and process all related invoicing with approvals including those related to other SUNY institutions. With proper approval, initiate necessary balance transfers and payments, including those with the Council on International Education Exchange (CIEE)
- Clearly communicate with and assist with the comprehensive training of faculty and staff involved in IEGI programs on matters related to NYS Travel Policies; process related travel accordingly; and work with the University's Travel Office, as needed
- Work in collaboration with the Office of Student Accounts on program billing and problem resolution
- Become an expert on SUNY financial policies and practices related to IEGI activities, including yet not limited to education abroad programs and other university initiatives such as Dual/Joint Degree Programs
- Assess and recommend changes in department/organizational unit business office policies, procedures, and practices to implement best practices that enable growth of education abroad programs and other international initiatives, as needed
- Obtain the necessary expertise to effectively utilize University, SUNY, State, and Binghamton Foundation Financial Systems
- Extract, compile, analyze, and validate data from financial systems and develop reports to satisfy mandated reporting and managerial decision making
- Ensure that all related activity is performed accurately, timely and in compliance withNYS, SUNY, Binghamton Foundation, and University policies and procedures. This includes educating and directing others within the organization regarding adherence to these requirements
International Education and Global Initiatives (IEGI) at Binghamton University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment. Potential applicants who share this goal, especially historically underrepresented minorities, women, and persons with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, (Master's degreepreferred).
Minimum of 5 years related experience
Microsoft Office expertise, with proven ability to learn new systems as required to be effective in this position
Strong analytical and demonstrated ability to develop budgets, financial analyses and reports
Ability to explain financial items effectively to non-financial professionals
Organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and independently with a strong attention to detail.
Must have knowledge of best practice accounting and budgeting and strong fiscal management skills
Able to quickly analyze information, problems, situations, and procedures toimplement appropriate solutions
Experience working with Banner or similar system preferred
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals at all levels of the university
Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative workingrelationships with others
- A proven record of setting and meeting goals and deadlines