Working at Curvature is a career-transforming opportunity. If you believe in finding smarter solutions, experiencing new challenges, and giving customers more control over their infrastructure, join our global team of Specialists. You will be part of a fast-growing company that rewards self-direction, celebrates innovation, and bends the trajectory of an industry in favor of our clients.
The Field Engineer (FE) will responsible for providing support to our customers for their IT requirements to meet contractual SLA’s, including liaising with customers and users, attending sites and facilitating high quality field service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to customer service requests within the contracted response time.
- FE to be prepared
- Checks with customer contact for equipment symptoms
- Dials into the customers’ system if necessary and possible
- Brings all required spares plus whole unit replacement whenever possible
- Analyzes, diagnoses and repairs customer reported problems.
- Keeps the local Manager informed of service problems progress by calling within an hour of arriving on site with status.
- Follows all escalation procedures as outlined in the company policy.
- Provides technical support to peer field service engineers.
- Polls customers after the completion of service calls to ensure that the call was done professionally, to their satisfaction, and in a timely fashion. Reports information to his Manager as needed.
- Works to keep repeat calls to a minimum.
- Preventive Maintenances are to be performed according to the schedule.
- Site Audits are to be done according to policy and utilizing new singlePoint™ tool.
Assists in preparing zero spare analysis reports for new contracts and submits them to their Manager for review prior to the start of a contract.
- Work areas and the general appearance of the office are to be clean, orderly and all systems are to be functional.
- Increases one’s technical skills by studying OEM service manuals and via OJT on whole units available in lab.
- Tests all parts prior to use if possible with an in-house unit.
- Produce technical tips on any undocumented or unique solutions to the resolution of problems to be reviewed by CSG.
- Discusses call procedures and proposed resolutions with the Manager prior to all service calls to ensure that calls are being handled in accordance with company procedures.
- It is required that staff members adhere to dress requirements and professional conduct.
- Completes assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Returned parts from customer sites are to be tagged, tested and a decision is to be made on their disposition.
- Enters into SAP the time and parts used during service calls, along with accurate serial numbers for parts replaced.
- Helps maintain an accurate and accountable inventory in SAP.
- Incoming inventory is entered in SAP, tested and shelf located within 7 working days.
- Manuals and Technical documentation are kept organized and returned after use.
- Time cards, overtime, and expenses are to be submitted and entered in a timely fashion and in accordance with company policies.
- Prepares Service Request Orders (SRO) forms.
- Orders spare parts as required to maintain stocking levels and timely parts replacement.
- Reviews inventoryreports and ‘Field Returns’ daily.
- All packing receipts for purchase order drop ships are to be reviewed and verified accurate then posted in SAP.
- Stage, test and install customer ordered equipment
- Any other duties as required in order to meet business objectives
- Thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
- Effective with time management and prioritization
- Flexible attitude and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Enjoys working on teams
- Effective communication skills via face-to-face communication, email and phone
- Ability to assist in motivating staff and mentoring fellow engineers and juniors.
Professional Qualities and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in ElectricalEngineering, Computer Engineering, ElectricalTechnology, or equivalent work related experience.
- A minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in field service.
- IBM, Sun, Dell, and HP hardware experience essential
- Experience with Netapps, Fujitsu Prime Power, EMC, Cisco, AIX, Hitachi storage and tape drive technology desirable.
- Previous experience of working within the IT Maintenance Services Industry.
- Experience of providing support to external customers, and IT System Engineers with the ability to provide a professional and reliable service at all times.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability and confidence to liaise directly with customers.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Must be flexible to work outside of core business hours where business needs require
- Competent and confident in the use of technology with good analytical skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and in a high pressured environment.
- Plan and prioritise one’s own workload, act on own initiative and effectively manage a multi-faceted workload.
- A confident and adept communicator with the ability to persuade, influence and quickly establish effective working relationships.
- Satisfactory employment verification commensurate to the requirements of the role
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience:
- IT Multivendor Awareness
- Stakeholder Needs, Wants and Expectations
- IT Service Procedures and Best Practice
- IT Technical Skills across multivendor platforms
- Communication, Listening and Interpersonal
- Analytical and Problem Solving
- Time Management, Prioritisation and Organisational
- Customer Service
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Reliable and Hardworking
- Acts with Honesty and Integrity
- Dedicated and Committed
- Professional and Approachable
- Team Player
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.