Ready to advance your career? Open to relocate? Then we are looking for you! Relocation assistance available. Competitive salary with performance bonus and excellent benefits await you....
Molex is seeking a strategic and visionary Engineering Manager to lead the Automated Test System Development team in the design, development, and deployment of high-performance test systems supporting both Signal Integrity (SI) lab and volume production environments. In this role, you will lead a team of Software, Hardware & System Integration engineers to establish standard platforms supporting Bit Error-Rate Testing (BERT) and time and frequency domain test protocols specific to high-speed IO and backplane connector and cable assembly products.
- Lead and allocate the software, electrical, and mechanicalengineering resources to create cost effective high performance production tester software tools & automated tester solutions that improved engineering efficiency, product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Adopt agile development process that encourages fast, risk-adjusted experimentation while aligned with critical phase review requirements of divisional product development process (PDP).
- Support Engineering, Business Development & Product Marketing in the detailed architectural definitions and technical trade-off decisions.
- Lead software development and SI activities to extend and refine the capabilities of existing test systems across multiple manufacturing regions. Includes coordination of development activities with various teams, i.e., product development, manufacturing, marketing, quality, etc. Perform product evaluation and performance analysis utilizing standardized procedures. Develop and modify product test plans to establish performance and reliability of the products being tested. Prepare detailed and complex test reports.
- Develop a talent management platform intended to maximize value-add for the individual and the organization. Hire, train, and coach engineering team and supporting staff. Appraise employee performance in accordance with Molex policies and procedures. Encourage and support positive employee relations, open communication, and teamwork within the work group and with other entities, both internal and external.
- Direct activities of engineering staff to drive successful development of new product testing and modifications to existing test platforms. Drive and execute new technologies aligned to the needs of the technology roadmap and market needs.
- Ensure the engineering department supports sales and marketing activities including providing test specifications and technical presentations in a timeframe which satisfies the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 7+ years’ experience in system level design, electricalengineering, and high speed test engineering.
- 5+ years’ professional experience in a leading cross functional engineering team.
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years’ supervisory and/or project lead experience in a technical field.
Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive working knowledge of s-parameter, RF/microwave transmission line theory including Fourier transform, characteristic impedance, eye diagrams, time-domain analysis, cross talk, BERT, jitter analysis, etc. of connectors, cable assemblies, or printed circuit boards.
- Experience with RF/microwave test and measurement equipment such as digitalsampling oscilloscopes, TDR modules, multiport-port network analyzers, and bit error rate testers.
- Hands on experience with compiled programming languages such as C/C++ or VB with the Microsoft .NET framework and scripted programming languages such and Tcl/Tk or Python.
- Proven project management skills to manage and complete several large projects simultaneously.
- Exposure to advanced PCB fabrication methods.
- Experience developing relational databases with software such as Microsoft SQL or MySQL.
- 3D modeling with CAD/CAM/CAE software.
- Electromagnetic simulation with software such as Ansys HFSS or CST Microwave Studio.
- Lean/six sigma yellow or green belt training. Understanding and application of control charts, process capability, gage R&R, and otherlean/six sigma tools.
- Design experience with electromagnetic transmission lines, schematic capture, PCB layout, and component sourcing will be helpful.
Apply here: http://ow.ly/E9MM30fUewB
Molex brings together innovation and technology to deliver electronic solutions to customers worldwide. With a presence in more than 40 countries, Molex offers a full suite of solutions and services for many markets, including data communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle and medical.
Job Number - 4139BR