In the role of Intermediate Project Manager, based in Halifax, NS, you will engage our professional services team to ensure the successful delivery of integrated solutions to our client through the application of standard Project Management Methodologies.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the delivery of Information Management/ Information Technology (IM/IT) systems integration projects, addressing the entire systems development lifecycle, delivering and implementing solutions in both the public and private sectors
- Collaborate with the client to develop the project implementation approach, scope and direction
- Collaborate with the client to develop a detailed work schedule with tasks resourcing effort level, durations and dependencies
- Provide recommendations to the client for change requests and decision requests
- Facilitate effective communications with the client, project team members and other stakeholders
- Coordinate and schedule status and review meetings
- Review weekly status reports and deal with action items as required
- Ensure that project tasks and deliverables conform to the client and Sierra Systems quality standards
- Manage large enterprise wide projects from initial planning through implementation to post production
- Deal with multi-jurisdictions/multi stakeholder environments-consensus builder
- Develop, monitor and execute project plans and coordinate timely execution of major milestones, approvals, sign-offs and implementation
- Develop Business Opportunities
- Engage clients and participate in business opportunities with our Sales Team
- Present business solutions to potential clients (Sales Calls, Seminars, Workshops, Conferences)
- Develop and review RFP responses, ensuring clarity and quality, defining project scope, approach, and deliverables
- Prepare resulting estimates reflecting required resources and effort to deliver the work, identifying project risks and mitigation
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Project Manager.
- Experience successfully delivering software implementation projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven record of achievement in a variety of project driven environments.
- Able to work with clients at all organizational levels to define business processes and provide advice on systems.
- Experience working with the local municipal or provincial government
- Experience in IT Service Management
- PMP certification
- ITIL certification
Who we are
Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia and founded in 1966, Sierra Systems is a top tier IT services and management consulting firm offering a full range of advisory services, systems integration, and managed application services.
With approximately 800 professionals across Canada, Sierra Systems has developed deep expertise in its targeted industries and has earned a reputation for delivering superior solutions that strengthen organizations’ operational performance.
Our unwavering commitment to our clients’ needs has allowed us to build long-term, trusting, and loyal relationships. It has given us the ability to set ambitious objectives for client projects and meet them time and time again with unparalleled speed and precision.
We offer a full range of management consulting, systems integration and managed services tailored to the unique needs of each industry in which we have deep expertise – including: Canadian government, justice, health, energy, and the commercial sector. We focus on delivering a boutique experience backed by the resources, deep knowledge, and expertise our 50-year heritage provides to tackle large scale projects.
Reference No. 979