Dual-Lite is currently involved in re-designing our extensive line of Life Safety Inverter systems. This line currently spans 100VA through 17.5KVA. We have an opening for a Senior Electronic Design Engineer familiar with the design of Inverters and various topologies for power conversion within these systems. Although the position works within a team, it is expected that the applicant possesses sufficient experience to lead in the power conversion and electronic hardware selection and detailed design of these new systems.
- Design switch mode AC-DC and DC-DC power conversion circuit topologies such as fly-back, forward, boost, buck and buck-boost converters.
- Hardware and software design involving embedded systems using 8-bit microcontrollers.
- Design new products and make improvements to existing lighting products with various light sources, including: incandescent, fluorescent and LED.
- Participate on New Product Development (NPD) teams to deliver new products per established parameters, including performance, budget and schedule.
- Work with safety compliance agencies such as UL and CSA to receive required certification for new products. Duties include developing certification test plans, requesting and evaluating testing (thermal, photometric, rain, dust) as needed to obtain third party certification.
- Provide Electricalengineering support to multiple New Product Development (NPD) and Value Engineering Analysis (VEA) teams.
- Develop products using off-shore manufacturing partners to aid in product design efforts.
- Employ Design for LeanSix Sigma, Quality Functional Deployment, and Failure Effect Mode Analysis tools during New Product Development Process.
- Design and evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability.
- Work with marketing, engineering, sourcing, and the production staff at various facilities to ensure that all projects meet internal and external customer requirements, including performance, schedule and budget.
- BSEE or BSEET required.
- Minimum of 5 (+) years’ experience in related engineering role, preferably involved in the design of lighting or other electro-mechanical consumer goods.
- Must have knowledge and design experience with switch mode AC-DC and DC-DC power conversion circuit topologies such as fly-back, forward, boost, buck and buck-boost converters.
- Hardware and software design experience with embedded systems using 8-bit microcontrollers is needed.
- Experience designing new products and making improvements to existing products is required. Experience with lighting or related products involving various light sources, including: incandescent, fluorescent and LED is preferred.
- Must be computer literate. Proficiency in various ECAD packages including Mentor Graphics-PADS or Altium PCB design software is a plus but not required.
- Low volume, high mix manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Experience using SAP business software, including bill of material creation and variant configurator input for modular bills of material management is also a plus.
- Should be proficient with Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Conceptual design creativity a plus.
- Travel occasionally required, mostly within North America, but can include travel to Asia or other foreign locales.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
Req Id 58841