Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements. Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements. Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation. Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) system engineer, system administrator, and software engineer that is interested in supporting hosting, development, configuration, and sustainability efforts for a large and complex customer organization that hosts and utilizes various technologies,
- Demonstrated experience with various hosting and developer operations (devops) technologies,
- Working knowledge and/or education of various cloud service providers to include Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), etc.
- Education and experience with business process automation, process improvement, and process re-engineering with a focus on governance and enterprise architecture policies and procedures aimed at facilitating the business rhythms for an organization with a diverse skillset and multiple lines of business,
- Education and experience with conducting research and analysis of alternatives of commercial-of-the-shelf (COTS) tools that focus on supporting case management and business management operations,
- Helpful Experience: ServiceNow, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Remedy, SharePoint, and Microsoft Project Server
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
Job ID 2017-49150