Program Analyst - Administrative Security
Tracking Code 2168-183Job Description
PROGRAM ANALYST, Administrative Security – Washington, DC
Alutiiq is seeking a Program Analyst (PA) to support our contract with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Office of Security and Integrity (OSI). The PA reports to the Alutiiq On-Site Supervisor and provides on-site security program management and compliance support services to the OSI Administrative Security Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expert assistance in the development of recommendations, processes, and optimal approaches to support business planning and coordination for the USCIS Security Enterprise.
- Support developing written security policies and procedures for an extensive range of business processes, incidents and situational scenarios.
- Analyze and assist with the planning, development and coordination of OSI Training Program to include drafting training modules, developing examinations, defining structure, quarterly course scheduling, and in-person/virtual facilitation for security professionals using in-person, web-based, and blended learning programs.
- Maintain policy and training metrics and provide periodic status updates to the Government.
- The contractor will require access to Secret information to perform analytical support.
- The contractor will conduct reviews of classified National Security Information (NSI) material and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) information up to the Secret level for classification and declassification determination.
- The contractor will be required to handle classified materials including documents up to the SECRET level, including Significant Incident Reports (SIR).
- Provide professional program management assistance to OSI staff in the implementation and management of USCIS-wide security policies, standards, procedures, actions, activities and best practices that are required by Executive Orders, Federal laws, Regulations, DHS and USCIS Directives & Instructions or OSI direction.
- Review and assist USCIS OSI staff in maintaining current awareness and understanding all current and evolving Federal, DHS and USCIS Security Program compliance requirements. Compliance requirements may be contained in (but are not limited to) Law, Regulation, Executive Order, DHS Management Directive & Instructions, USCIS Directives and Instructions.
- Review USCIS programmatic documentation for compliance and adherence to Security Program Compliance requirements. Identify gaps or exceptions in Security Compliance for OSI attention or action.
- Assist in the development, management and scheduling of OSI plans of action to remedy USCIS gaps or exceptions to Security Program Compliance Requirements.
- Develop (or assist in the development of) and deliver (or assist in the delivery of) OSI security products or services to maintain USCIS compliance, or remedy gaps or exceptions, to Security Program Compliance requirements.
- Assist in the development and documentation of policies, procedure and practices to reduce the reoccurrence of identified USCIS gaps or exceptions to Security Program Compliance requirements.
- Responsible for safeguarding and proper handling of classified information and materials.
- Perform security compliance reviews of classified documents to determine fitness for declassification.
- Assist with Derivative Classification Training initiatives.
- US Citizenship, in accordance with contractsecurity requirements
- Ability to obtain/maintain SECRET security clearance eligibility and favorable pre-employment USCIS Entry on Duty (EOD) and Suitability Determinations
- Successful completion of drug screening and pre-employment background investigations with results allowing for continued consideration for employment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration/Management, or related field, or a High School Diploma
- Strong analytical skills regarding security operations
- Demonstrated ability to produce detailed and independent written correspondence in order to communicate policy requirements
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills
- Strategic planning, prioritization, time management, organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to think logically and work effectively within group settings
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision; but within a team environment
- Ability to receive general guidance and instructions from a supervisor or via established standard operating procedures, and act upon them with minimal supervision
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience with database software applications
- Excellent typing skills and professional telephone and e-mail etiquette
- Four (4) years of work experience relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the position
- Experience handling classified information and materials