New Product Development Program
In this role, you have the opportunity to manage at a high level one or more of the product development projects within our Clinical Innovation incubator. You will be responsible for managing, implementing, and delivering solutions that are ultimately responsible for saving lives and improving patient outcomes, while working in a dynamic, high impact environment using Agile methodologies.
The New Product Development Program Manager guides and directs the cross-functional team in order to execute project or program work throughout the organization. Uses the governance, processes, practices, and tools established by the organization and provides administrative support for delivery of the project or program work. Responsible for guiding and monitoring the activities of projects or multiple related projects or programs.
You are responsible for
- Developing project plans, schedules, budgets and other necessary project management artifacts.
- Guiding and directing the cross-functional team to execute the project as approved, under the framework of our Agile methodologies
- Ensuring adherence to the Quality Management System
- Monitoring the competing constraints of scope, schedule, budget, resources and risk
- Applying project management methodology, best practices and standards
- Providing a consultative role to projects and or Programs by supplying templates, best practices, training, access to information and lessons learned from other projects
- Providing upper management with regular performance status, variances to plan and identification of areas for corrective actions
- Coordinating communication across projects as required
- Continuous improvement of our own project management best practices
You are a part of
The Clinical Innovation Core Team's mission is to work with leadership to create the vision for the future of Healthcare. We do this through an in-depth understanding of the challenges clinicians face and where changes in healthcare and technology impact their ability to deliver high quality patient care. The combination of our own original thinking, with critical input from patients and providers, serves as the foundation to create innovations that really matter. We specialize in developing clinical informatics and patient care solutions that simplify clinician workflow, improve financial outcomes, and help improve and save lives. Our products and services deliver world class healthcare solutions.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Experience in leading cross functional teams to meet demanding feature, cost, quality and releasedate targets
- Proven track record in leading complex medical device projects and identifying dependencies across multiple projects
- Experience in leading geographically diverse teams and solving their inherent challenges
- A natural leader with the ability to identify and reduce complexity to tackle clinical and organizational customer challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in aninternational environment and to adapt to different cultures.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering (advanced degreepreferred)
- 5+ years experience in project management
- 5+ years experience leading teams in medical device development
- Experience with Quality Management Systems
- Familiarity with FDA and CE medical device requirements
- PMP certification
- Master’s degree
- Agile training or certification
- Healthcareexperience in Device, Diagnostic or Health IT
- Experience with Cloud-based software solutions