Project Manager - Leasing / Zoning
Less than 5 years experience • Real Estate
Crown Castle is the nation’s largest provider of wireless infrastructure, with revenues in excess of $3 billion. We are a publicly traded REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) and are listed on the NYSE (NYSE: CCI) and included in the S&P 500. Since 1994, we support the ever-growing demands of wireless users with over 40,000 towers and 14,000 small cell nodes. Our 10 years of experience working with small cell solutions and distributed antenna systems puts us at the forefront of new innovations in wireless infrastructure. While our 2,300 employees are spread out across 40 offices around the country, we act as a single, close-knit team. Our employees work together to enable all of us to stay connected, conduct business, and live our lives the way we’ve come to expect.
Responsible for the management of project teams across multiple jobs providing contracted services to customers (e.g., RF design, site acquisition, real estate lease & purchase negotiations, A&E services, land use planning, zoning and permitting, tower modifications, collocations and cell site construction). Ensure project is completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline of customer and CCIC and in accordance with CCIC policies and procedures. Responsible for the management and coordination of team members in obtaining and maintaining all documents related to modification, collocation and construction of towers (e.g., structural analysis, lease, title, applicable permits, soil samples, regulatory approvals or others as required). Ensure District Manager and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
Essential Job Functions
- Primary focus for position is preconstruction activities for tower rebuilds and drop and swaps
- Will follow RE deal through closing including drafting final documents; managing legal vendor etc.
- Manage assigned projects to completion, ensuring that all activities, including site acquisition, regulatory, construction, and permitting are coordinated and completed on time and within budget.
- Develop accurate project plan and budget for all assigned projects, modify as needed and direct close-out of completed jobs including the receipt of all required documentation.
- Lead internal deployment meetings with other managers and team members to review the status of each job and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely project completion.
- Attend customer deployment meetings to provide customer with comprehensive job status reports and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate close-out documents are distributed in a timely manner in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years of wireless project management or network site acquisition/site development
- Lease & Purchase negotiations expertise in real estate with landowners, customers and third parties
- Hands-on full zoning (public hearing) experience
- Government negotiations and lobbying experience is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of telecommunications/wireless project management, asset management, tower maintenance, and property management
- Advanced knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
- Ability to direct the diagnosis of work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Ability to read and understand financial metrics and identify remedies to financial issues
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach
- Experience in surveys , A&E and construction drawings
- Detailed understanding of zoning including handling and attending public hearings
- Knowledge of Building Permitting submittals working with internal and external resources to complete tasks
- Broad knowledge of construction and customer installation
- Proficiency Microsoft Suite including Excel