Director, Business & Operational Excellence
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
**This role can be based in Rockmart, GA; Erlanger, KY; or McMinnville, OR.**
- The Regional MPS Leader is accountable for driving acceleration of Meggitt Production System (MPS) to achieve top quartile sustainable business results across the Region or Value Stream, and building capability in business critical MPS standards across the regional Sites. Experience in managing operations and/or supply chain in Aerospace or otherengineeringtechnology company is a must.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that MPS capability building has direct impact on regional Sites’ business results. Supports the execution of SBU vital few strategic priorities (including Inventory focus, Margin Expansion, MPS maturity) – working closely with the Value Stream Leaders, Site Leaders and the rest of the site leadership teams.
- Building systemic MPS capability across value stream or site leadership (cross-functional) and accountable for capability building across the Sites within the region or value stream (using learning and development plans). Especially supporting Site leaders, Site MPS Leaders, HR Leaders and Site Operations Leaders through coaching, advising, and training.
- Responsible for capturing leading practices from across Meggitt and SBU, and the sharing & application within region or value stream. Additionally, supporting MPS development of tools and methods including Organization Design (OD) tools, Lean Management Systems, Six Sigma, and Lean & Waste elimination approaches key to MPS system effectiveness.
- Actively supports the MPS Exit plans (including maturity gaps) for Sites and responsible for assessing Site maturity readiness for exits (verifying process & results) across the regional Sites for both operations and other functional areas.
- Supports MPS talent within region across the SBUs – coaching Site MPS Leaders and actively engaging with the MPS community.
Education: Post-Secondary Degree in engineering, industrial, supply chain management or equivalent technical field would be advantageous or equivalent experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience: 10+ years of experience in leading Manufacturing / Maintenance Repair Operations (MRO) site’s operations or equivalent at a large Fortune 500/ FTSE 250 company
- Ideal candidate can demonstrate prior experience deploying such systems at a large industrial (preferably Aerospace) Company (Fortune 500/FTSE 250) and has seen though maturity phases and several stages of excellence.
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing/sourcing transitions management is preferred
- Additional experience in one or more of the following is preferred: Organization Design (OD)/ Organizational Effectiveness (OE) toolset and methodology; Program Management (PM) and New Product Introduction (NPI); Strategic Sales and Marketing (SSM)
- Lean Expert level Certification (or Black Belt) or equivalent is highly desirable
- Program/Project Management certification preferred
- Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate the implementation of significant changes in a large organization
- Clear understanding of the linkages of demand through production and distribution- Design for Flow
- Track record of driving solutions to assigned tasks utilizing a proactive approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning as well as tactical execution road map development
- Conflict management skills
- Decision making skills
- Analytical and research skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web browsers
- Proficient in Project Management tools (i.e., MS Project) or similar project tools