- 4+ years of experience in testing databases, ETL processes, statistical calculations
- 3+ years of experience in software programming
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or a similar discipline, or equivalent experience
- Able to translate complex business requirements and business rules into simplified, manageable and detailed test cases
- Understand and validate complex databases, ETL processes and calculations
- Proven success in automating the testing of BI solutions using tools such as : Redgate SQL Data Generator, LegiTest and QuerySurge
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server: database engine, SSAS, SSIS
- Proficiency in writing and debugging SQL Scripts
- Proficiency in programming using object-oriented languages, specifically C# or Java
- Knowledge of multi-dimensional databases (cubes) and MDX is an asset
- Experiene using JIRA with Zephyr for issue-tracking and test case management is desirable
- Experience as a Data Analyst is desirable
- Experience in the financial services industry is an asset
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our PriceMetrix Team in Toronto. PriceMetrix is part of McKinsey's New Ventures.
The PriceMetrix platform uses analytics and industry benchmarking to help financial advisors and their firms better serve their clients and grow their businesses. Our team is small and agile and you’ll collaborate with very smart, fun and driven colleagues. PriceMetrix is the first choice in practice management software for North American wealth managers.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we’re hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
As a member of the scrum team, you will collaborate with product owners, developers and testers in the definition, planning and delivery of product improvements.
You will create and contribute to test strategies based on both formal and informal technical data specifications and business requirements. In turn, you will develop functional, performance and security test cases to test our BI platform.
You will automate verification of data at various stages of data processing pipeline, craft test data used by Development and QA teams and perform manual test execution by means of running test cases.
You must have a high sense of urgency and ability to troubleshoot time-sensitive production issues effectively, identify defects and isolate cases that result in issues, document defects in issue-tracking system (JIRA), including informatoin useful in the debugging process, test data evaluation, root cause analysis and defect resolution.
You will participate in onboarding new members of the team and continuously enhance the QA function through discovery of industry best practices, new tools and techniques.
- Financial Services
+ 2 MoreFunctions
- Corporate Finance
+ 2 MoreApply Now
share this job
- Share this page on Facebook
- Share this page on Twitter.
- Share this page on LinkedIn
- Email a link to this page