Assistant Professor (9403) Teaching Track - Full Time – 12 month
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health Duluth
Required Qualifications: M.D. or D.O. with Board Certification in Family Medicine or other primary care specialty, licensed or license eligible in Minnesota, with a minimum of 3 years of related clinical practice. All candidates should provide evidence of essential verbal and written communication skills, including clarity in the delivery of lectures, as well as evidence of medical student and/or resident teaching.
PreferredQualifications: Family Medicine Specialty. Experience with collaborative relationships, including work in team settings with other health professionals. Experience with teaching in a variety of settings and formats, including lectures, small groups and clinical instruction. Interest in or evidence of medical education research. Experience in curriculum development, innovative teaching and learning practices and grant writing is strongly desired. Interest and background in global health.
About the Job
• Clinical teaching activities in various courses of the basic science curriculum: lectures, simulation activities, teaching small group activities including physical examination and physical diagnostic skills, active learning classroom activities, Problem Based Learning and case development as assigned by Department Chair
• Course leadership and active participation in existing or new departmental electives or initiatives, i.e. Rural Academy of Leadership including the Health of People Everywhere (HOPE) Clinic, Medical Education through Diversity and Service (MEDS), OB Longitudinal, Summer Research Program
• Serving as core faculty for Clinical Community Medicine (CCM), including observation and evaluation of second year students in clinical activities
• Coordination of 3rd & 4th year clerkship activities connected to the Duluth campus
• Mentoring for a Learning Community of students per year as they matriculate through the medical school curriculum
• Advisor for student organizations based on interest
• Service to the medical school, department, and community as assigned by Department Chair
• Encouraged – One day/week clinical activity release
• Medical oversight for research for medical school departments as needed
Other Duties as Assigned