Almost Family, Inc. (NASDAQ: AFAM) is a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. For over 40 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.
Almost Family, Inc. was founded in 1976 in Louisville, KY and operates as 90+ brands with over 340 locations in 26 states. Almost Family, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate four segments:
- Visiting Nurse, or VN, which provides skilled nursing and physical, occupational and speech therapy services primarily to Medicare beneficiaries
- Personal Care, or PC, which provides custodial and personal care services
- Hospital Partnership Division: a joint venture with hospitals to provide home health and hospice services
- Health Care Innovations: an industry-leading segment investing in companies that will support traditional home care businesses and position company for new payment models
We believe in the importance of local recognition and seek to maintain and support the various trade names we operate under that have developed a reputation for high quality care among patients, referral sources and employees in their local communities. We maintain quality and consistency across locations and regions through our company “Mission, Vision, and Values”, which train our caregivers to look beyond the obvious needs of patients to be advocates for their physical, mental, and emotional needs, with the ultimate outcome of allowing them to age in place.
The Employee Relations Manager works under the direction of the Director of Employee Relations to coordinate and manage employee relations programs and functions and to ensure compliance with employment related laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or HR related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience with a specialty in employee relations.
- Must have at least 3 years of management/supervisory experience in a human resources department.
- Experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Must be capable of managing multiple projects, functions, and activities simultaneously.
- Must have the ability to define and solve practical problems, and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; conflict resolution and mediation skills. Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to effectively write reports and business correspondence.
- Supervises HR Employee Relations Team and assures that all company new hires, status changes, pay increases, leaves of absence, workers’ compensation claims, etc. are processed accurately on a timely basis.
- Coaches and assists in the development of HR Employee Relations Team through educational resources and day to day instruction and interaction.
- Responsible for Employee Relations matters of the Corporate Office staff and/or other employee groups as directed.
- Advises and assists management and staff with interpretation and application of human resources policies and procedures, regulatory compliance, conflict resolution and disciplinary issues.
- Provides consultation, coaching and guidance to management staff on performance management and prepares and/or reviews performance documentation, provides input and recommendations, and coaches to provide effective performance feedback.
- Ensures escalated employee relations issues or concerns are addressed and resolved timely.
- Conducts internal investigations, documents and evaluates findings, and prepares recommendations and/or initiates actions to ensure resolution.
- Develops and conducts training presentations and programs to support compliance with employment related laws and regulations as directed.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
Almost Family, Inc offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- 401-k Retirement Plan