AECOM is seeking an experienced Program Controls Manager to join the Water group in our Detroit, Michigan office.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the management of all program controls requirements including program budget and schedule development, management and reporting
- Develop and maintain program masterschedule and budget for use by program personnel
- Review cost and schedule updates and provide analysis of cost and schedule forecast variances against baselines.
- Oversee the implementation of standard program controls data such as the program WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
- Develop the program business processes and procedures for schedule and budget development and management for the Program Management Plan.
- Develop and implement a cost and schedule review process in accordance with the Contract requirements and AECOM standards. This process will allow assessment of program designers and contractors progress
- Manage the monthly Task and Project Review process by scheduling, facilitating and producing cost, schedule and progress data for meetings.
- Assist PM with development of specific Document Management protocols
- Oversee document management process by providing instructions and verifying compliance
- Provide direct support for defining systems configuration needs and testing configured products for an enterprise PMIS for the program
- Works with all departments to ensure an understanding of the total program schedule and budget needs.
- Responsible for total integration of cost and schedule activities
- Develop, implement and maintain an estimating process to support the Program Contract and Project Teams
- Identifies schedule considerations and problems resulting from
- interdisciplinary or group restraints and interfaces
- Reviews project work activities to ensure the support of program milestones
- Assist in the management the AECOM program budget and scope in order to address contract changes in timely fashion. This work may include generation of corporate mandated financialreports
- Identify, pursue and mitigate potential delays and excessive costs to the program
- Oversee and monitor office expenditures, procurement, and accounting directly related to the program manager’s budget
- Oversee management, control, and disposition of non-expendable equipment and other program assets
- Ensure preparation of standard program progress reports and otherreports as required by the client and program key performance indicators
- Develop and implement a change management process in accordance with the Contract requirements and AECOM standards. This process will include the coordination, assembling, review and analyze supporting documentation for change order processing, making recommendations to the Program Manager and client
- Directly involved in the preparation of standard program progress reports and otherreports as required
- Supervise Program Controls staff (i.e. schedulers, cost engineers and estimators), allocating resources, providing direction and performance reviews
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university to include Engineering and Construction Management.
- 10+ years of experience in program controls
- Experience in water / wastewater business
- Experienceworking with government officials and staffs, engineers and contractors.
- Experience with the basis of design reports and client presentations
- Ability and experience to successfully interact with wide ranges of groups including design engineers, clients and contractors
- Proficiency with program controls and cost estimating computer applications, including Oracle, P6, Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Excel, etc.
- Experience with use of third party project management software systems
- Good writing skills
- Experience directly related to water and wastewater conveyance projects
- Residency within City of Detroit or ability to relocate to Detroit