Reporting to the Sr. Manager Pharmacy Operations, the Manager, Pharmacy Operations is responsible for assisting pharmacies in operational efficiency and program execution.
The in-field position will assist banner members in the streamlined optimization of their business which includes identifying current operational, technological, and practical deficiencies, while recommending best practice solutions and collaboratively working with members to develop action plans, resolve opportunities, drive operational efficiency, and promote business growth.
The position is also accountable for the execution and operational rollout of pharmacy program initiatives to enhance the professional practice and profitability of our members.
This role must work closely with the Pharmacy Services and Retail Operations team to train, develop, and deploy fully integrated solutions.
• Conduct in-field assessments to identify gaps in workflow efficiency, system and technology utilization, and practice management.
• Draft best practice solutions and communicate observations to members to ensure alignment with pharmacy goals and strategic initiatives.
• Develop detailed and customized action plans to outline observations and recommendations.
• Collaborate with members to ensure implementation and execution of action plans and provide follow up and support as needed.
• Partner with members to support future expansion and business growth.
• Create business development strategies and initiatives to drive business success and growth opportunities for pharmacy owners.
• Identify common concerns, develop tools, and provide resources to assist members at a provincial and national level.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support operational execution and drive uptake of pharmacy professional programs.
• Communicate program feedback and program success to Program Development team and make recommendations for improvement when necessary.
• Support Retail Operations team to promote and improve program uptake.
• Communicate with banner members and ensure pharmacy related issues are resolved in a prompt and professional manner.
• Monitor external issues, competitive and legislative, that affect the retail pharmacy business; collaborate with pharmacists to ensure that all issues are addressed in a proactive manner.
• Maintain and build strong relationships with independent store network.
• Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with human resources policies, procedures and practices.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Pharmacy operations subject matter expert with an excellent understanding of retail pharmacy operations, systems, and workflow efficiency
• Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree or PharmD required
• 5-10 years Retail Pharmacy experience with strong focus on operations
• Pharmacy management experience is desirable
• Experience with Nexxsys/Pharmaclik Rx, Kroll and other pharmacy dispensing software
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Strong pharmacy business acumen
• Experience with setting strategy and tactical execution
• Strong leadership and mentorship skills; self-starter and results-oriented
• Strong analytical and research skills
• Well-refined interpersonal skills, able to work effectively in a cross-functional environment
• Superior communication skills both verbal and written
• Travel will be required