GGP has an immediate need for a Financial Analyst - Investments at our Corporate Office in Chicago, IL.
GGP has been in the shopping center business for more than 50 years blending innovation, tradition and reputation to create some of the country’s top shopping centers. As employees we are collaborative, creative, self-starters who aim to positively impact the shopping experience for our customer everyday. A career with GGP is your chance to embark on a rewarding journey into the retail real estate industry!
This position will be responsible for accurate and timely financial analysis as a member of the Investment department that directly supports the Head of Investments and the office of the COO to make business decisions.
- Underwrite real estate acquisitions including preparation of cash flow projections in excel and Argus
- Present financial underwriting to key internal decision makers
- Assist in analysis of potential investments and preparation of detailed approval memos used to evaluate investment opportunities
- Contribute to due diligence and closing
- Understand and develop a market thesis for each project by interfacing with other real estate principals and consultants
- Work closely with otherInvestment team members, other GGP groups and external parties
- Conduct market research to support assumptions
- Build and maintain comp database related to key markets across the US
- Assist in other projects and requests, as required
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics or Finance Preferred
- 1-4 years of experience in a related field
Core Skills and Characteristics:
- Experience in retail real estate a plus with an emphasis/interest in retail
- Proficiency in Word and Excel is required; ARGUS is preferred
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to apply analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Highly motivated individual and demonstrated interest in real estate finance
- Ability to manage conflicting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with real estate finance as well as basic real estate operations, leasing and development concepts
- Analytically oriented
GGP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.