Provide the leadership to guide the manufacturing team in the development, maintenance, and improvement of all quality systems. To include: Final Inspection, In-Process Controls, Supplier Quality Assurance, Systems Auditing, Product Testing, Finished Goods Audit. Will measure and report quality performance. Ensure conformity to engineering and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Standardize Manufacturing Quality System and processes across the site
- Establish Manufacturing Quality fundamentals and strengthen organizational capabilities
- Support corrective/preventative action initiatives and short term containment of issues
- Develop and ensure PFMEA and control plans are in place to achieve plans and priorities
- Drive standardization – CAPA, control plans, and PFMEA, QMR, part traceability, routings, etc.
- Lead Quality Management Reviews
- Identify and share best practices across the plant network
- Provide Quality department leadership. Develops team by instilling a continuous improvement mindset. Participate in the Quality Council.
- Develops process control procedures ensuring production of finished products meet quality specifications and standards.
- Conducts research on product defects and recommends modifications to products or quality standards where warranted. Assures data is formulated into useable information and communicated to the management staff.
- Reviews complaints or warranty claims received to determine where quality control emphasis should be placed at the plant to eliminate problems.
- Establishes and manages departmental budget and assists in the development of long range goals and objectives.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Bachelor's degree in a related technical field, preferably engineering.
• 5-8 years previous manufacturing / quality assurance experience. Ideal candidate will have automotive based quality system experience.
• 5+ years' previous supervisory/management experience.
• Advanced knowledge of quality policies and procedures.
• Advanced knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to SPC, GD&T, DFMEA, DOE, ISO, Quality Systems and measurement tools.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
•Requires excellent leadership skills for coaching technically based employees.
Req No. 9090BR