An Engineering Systems Administrator is considered to be an advanced systems administrator with experience in technology related project management and possesses advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Administer servers (Windows and Linux) that support multiple functions (web, SQL, applications, etc.) through VMware VSphere.
- Install, configure, and maintain a full scale LAN/WLAN according to best practices.
- Configure VLANs and ensure that L2/L3 switching and routing allow proper connectivity.
- Troubleshoot complex hardware, software, and connectivity issues.
- Support computer and networking systems in multiple locations including embedded systems onboard heavy equipment.
- Document changes to all systems while performing job functions.
- Maintain systems such as fleet management, slope stability analysis, high precision guidance, etc.
- Assist with internal Engineering requests.
- Assist technology departments with supporting systems and information system security at Mission Complex.
- Contribute to innovation and standards/policies in technology departments.
- Support Mission Complex systems remotely when called for assistance.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP with the ability to support systems in a domain environment.
- Must be able to setup and utilize security/monitoring tools (SNMP, antivirus, VPN connections, data backups, etc.) to maintain a high level of security on the LAN/WLAN.
- Advanced knowledge of the Motorola Wing platform and Cisco IOS (Layer 2 and 3).
- Demonstrate advanced troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques.
- Ability to display forward/innovative thinking in order to stay current with technologies and techniques.
- Demonstrate effective communication to all users and employees in a professional manner.
- Physical ability to perform operational requirements including possible heavy lifting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED (General EducationDegree).
- Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related field) or equivalent experience (6+ years of related experience).
- 5 years of IT support experience in an enterprise environment.
- 3 year of systems administration.