Experienced Composite Assembly Manufacturing Manager
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
This position typically reports to a manager and is responsible for managing the development and implementation of activities for manufacturing operations to meet production safety, quality, schedule, and cost objectives. Manages all phases of the manufacturing operation from plant layout to daily operations. Participates with technical staff and management across departments to develop and implement current, annual, and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business and financial objectives for the manufacturing operations. Typically accomplishes objectives through subordinate supervisors and/or team leaders. May be responsible for decisions that impact operations where erroneous recommendations could prevent manufacturing from obtaining safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the planning, scheduling, and activities of manufacturing operations to achieve business, safety, quality, and financial objectives.
- Act as the primary contact for manufacturing activities and participate in progress planning and review sessions to discuss schedule and cost.
- Monitor all operations for regulatory and safety compliance.
- Take a proactive approach to continuous improvement and implement lean principles.
- Prioritize production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
- Ensure machinery, equipment, and tools are well maintained.
- Identify manufacturing issues and provide leadership in developing solutions.
- Provide guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements that best utilize the facilities equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Ensure manufacturing leadership and excellence is maintained by participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
- Provide manufacturing expertise to the development of new and expansion of existing business opportunities to enhance the capabilities of the organization.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in business administration, engineering or a related discipline and eleven or more years of progressively complex manufacturing experience with at least five of those years managing manufacturing operations. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a detailed and comprehensive understanding of the principles, concepts, theories, and practices of manufacturing operations; extensive experience demonstrating a broad application of operations practices, techniques, and standards; as well as comprehensive project management and leadership skills, including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must possess the ability to resolve unusually complex management and technical problems.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment and able to work extended hours as required.