Aqua America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions, including medical conditions related to lactation), physical or mental disability, covered-veteran status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
The Quality Assurance Analyst II acts as a system coordinator between IS and AQUA’s non-IS departments. This position may serve as a business analyst or quality assurance analyst.
The primary duties include partnership in design, development, testing and maintenance of application systems. A secondary focus is to perform in the capacity of team lead for various projects related to supporting the enhancement of company’s CIS applications and interfaces.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide coordination between IS and non-IS process areas. This includes identifying opportunities for improving and simplifying the work process.
- Provide life cycle support in all areas involving Customer Systems applications. This includes the life cycle process from the work initiation phase through implementation. It also includes overall support in the development, testing, maintenance and support of the company’s CIS systems, including but not limited to Banner, A-Suite, Service Link, Meter Reading applications, etc.
- Liaise with the business team and IS to understand the requirements of the change.
- Create functional specification documents and process flow diagrams translated from the business requirements specified by the business units.
- Perform system testing as required by the changes in the applications and assist with user acceptance testing when necessary.\
- Create test plan, test cases, test scenarios and any testing documentation as a result of testing any system changes, enhancements and upgrades.
- Serve as a liaison between the business units and the developers in understanding the business requirements.
- Work with cross-functional departments to document existing processes.
- Participate in the development of policies, standards, system controls, procedures and user instructions as related to customer service applications and security.
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL OR REGISTRATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- BachelorDegree in Information Technology or related field and 3 to 5 years working experience in business systems process.
- At least 3-5 years of experience with CIS applications or related technical support involving a high level of IT/Business coordination.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience working as a lead or senior business analyst or as a lead or senior quality assurance analyst
- Working experience with full SDLC methodologies.
- Some technical skills with writing simple SQL queries to perform data analysis.
- Working experience with various applications on Unix and Windows environment utilizing Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Forms and Oracle Databases (Oracle 10g/11i) , (Windows Server 2012R2) utilizing .Net Framework (4.5 Framework, ASP .NET 4.0, IIS 8.5, Visual Studio 2012/2013) and SQL Server databases (SQL Server 2014).
- Experience working with SCT Banner CIS 3.X a major plus but not required.
- Experience performing both manual and automated system testing.
- Must be self-motivated and a team player.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.