The Associate Director of Non-clinical Biostatistics will serve as advisor, statistician and educator to the Discovery and Translational Research community on quantitative decision making, the strengths, opportunities and limitations of study designs, statistical methods, data collection approaches and the formulation of key scientific messages from pre-clinical information.
· Participates on Discovery Working Groups to collaborate and develop program/compound quantitative, prospective go-no-go decision criteria, related study designs, biomarker discovery and assay development and optimization for PD, efficacy, PK and potential patient selection, statistical analyses and inferences
· Collaborates to provide measures of uncertainty for first-in-human dose projections and decisions
· Develops innovative and efficient study designs and strategies to make effective use of in vivo resources and time to complete experiments
· Effectively communicates the Global Biometric Sciences (GBS) Mission and Vision in a fashion that generates pride, excitement and commitment within GBS and the R&D community
· Invests in developing knowledge outside of traditional statistical expertise in the pre-clinical and regulatory environments.
· Effectively communicates with internal scientific governance bodies (e.g. Target Science Team, Target Profile Committee) and Discovery Research partners.
· Builds the external reputation of BMS R&D via external interactions (academic relationships, conference presentations, governmental research organization, reviewer, etc).
· Ph.D.(or equivalent) in statistics or related field
· At least 7 yrs experience in Non-Clinical development, including regulatory filing support or equivalent academic experience
· Strong knowledge of Translational R&D and pre-clinical discovery biology approaches including safety, efficacy and biomarkers
· Strong technical skills, including but not limited to general linear and mixed models, DOE, multivariate models, high-dimensional data analysis, bayesian statistics, adaptive designs
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Strong interpersonal skills evidenced in interactions with individuals at all levels of the organization, and demonstrated ability to develop relationships within the organization and leverage the formal and informal organizational structure to assist in goal achievement, including the resolution of conflicts or their appropriate escalation