Job ID: 20170929-10101-MGV
If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. We’re a thriving public company with solid revenue growth and earnings and offices worldwide. And we’re continually looking for ways toaugment our existing markets and expand into new markets with excellent growth potential. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-terminterests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
This Senior Linux Administrator/Engineer will assist in driving innovation and automation in our global environment. You will work on many interesting and challenging projects together as we develop and create some pretty amazing automation technology. You will be joining our company at a pivotal time as we bring automation and new technologies to our operations and infrastructure groups. We are looking for you to have a genuine interest and enthusiasm for automation and embracing new technologies. A blend of strong linux skills and automation is the ideal balance. You will work collaboratively with architects, infrastructure engineers, and application teams across the organization. Responsible for supporting a variety of production environments. We will look to you to assist with the deepest levels of support and will serve as an escalation point for other team members.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day administration, engineering, architecture, and support services for Red Hat Linux and Solaris server environments
- Key contributor to drive automation of the compute stack, server provisioning and configuration management
- Mentor team members as necessary
- Perform day-to-day operations that protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of IT assets and technology infrastructures of the organization: log analysis, and development and implementation of enterprise class security solutions and policies
- Analyze business requirements to determine appropriate system infrastructure needs
- Automate many infrastructure tasks that are done manually today.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience as a Linux and Solaris administrator in a large enterprise environment
- Strong bash scripting skills
- Experience with Oracle database, MongoDB and Cassandra
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Certification a plus
- Experience with system configuration, patching and virtualization (such as Solaris LDOMS)
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite preferred
- Red Hat server virtualization and KVM preferred
- Strong working knowledge of RHEL 6.x/7.x as well as Solaris 11
- Easy to work with and the ability to integrate into an existing team culture. Able to see co-workers perspective and support viewpoints other than your own.
- Understanding of backup and restoration practices
- Solid working knowledge of configuration management tools. Ability to write Chef recipes/cookbooks and Ansible playbooks (Puppet/salt stack are acceptable alternatives).
- Experience using distributed source code control such as Git
We are offering an excellent compensation package. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.