Middle Market Corporate Banking Portfolio Manager II
This Portfolio Manager role will provide primary client management support for an assigned portfolio of middle market loans and may assist in directing less experienced portfolio managers and/or credit analysts. The PM works closely with the Relationship Manager in all aspects of servicing customers and converting prospects and typically accompanies the Relationship Manager when servicing clients. PMs will need to interact with customers independently to address non-routine client servicing matters in addition to risk related items. Candidates must have excellent computer, excel modeling, and powerpoint skills. The position will require constant interaction with business line managers, product partners, credit risk management, and colleagues throughout Citizens Bank.
Responsibilities with respect to ongoing portfolio management/monitoring include preparation and presentation of periodic portfolio review documents, maintaining the integrity of portfolio risk ratings, and tracking and verifying covenant compliance. The candidate will regularly present portfolio credits to senior management for both the initial approval thereof and at ongoing portfolio reviews. Portfolio Managers will be directly involved in establishing underwriting due diligence, identifying key transaction risks and mitigating factors, and documenting the loan documents following credit approval.
- Must have strong credit acumen, business writing skills, written and verbal communication skills, experience managing client interaction, due diligence, understanding of bank regulation and compliance, ability to work with internal/external clients and a high level of initiative and capability to work independently on financings and other responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years experience in portfolio management and underwriting in commercial lending at a relevant financial institution, commercial or investment bank
- Successful completion of a formal credit training program and knowledge of marketplace is a plus
- Advanced analytical, loan structuring, underwriting, documentation, credit, presentation, and organization skills.
- Strong PC Proficiency and Microsoft Office applications
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Why Work with Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank and Citizens Securities, Inc. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.
Job ID/ Req. Number179664