What We Offer
As a dynamic, collaborative, and detail-oriented Manager supporting a team of three, and reporting to the Corporate Controller, you will be responsible for certain aspects of monthly, quarterly and year-end closing and reporting functions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accurate and timely preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and note disclosures in accordance with ASPE,and ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Define and maintain reporting structures within the company’s enterprise wide system to support Company’s external reporting and MD&A requirements.
- Support the needs of our external auditors.
- Develop and maintain of the Company’s consolidation processes while fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Oversee the month-end close of the Mattamy Canadian Corporate
- Responsible for oversight on the bank compliance reporting in conjunction with the Treasury group.
- Responsible for assisting on technical accounting matters and the implementation of policy change divisionally and company-wide.
- Train and mentor both corporate and divisional finance teams in the implementation of new finance policies and any onboarding training as needed.
- Drive change and improvements in process and documentation as required.
What You Bring
- University degree at the bachelor level or above in Finance or Accounting;
- CPA CA accounting designation
- 4-5 years of experience in External Reporting and/or Internal Reporting (consolidations)
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements
- Experience with JD Edwards or a comparable cross-industry ERP system would be strongly preferred;
- Goals and results oriented, deadline driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrates competence in MS Office applications; ability to quickly learn and demonstrate functional competence with financial systems
- Technically strong with extensive GAAP knowledge (ASPE/IFRS)
- Strong task management skills in order to manage and implement a variety of competing initiatives, on a concurrent or staggered basis.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Exceptional Communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.