SoulCycle is seeking a DevOps Engineer to be a key member in evolving our technology. The ideal candidate is motivated to help continue automating and scaling our infrastructure with a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity. This person will have opportunities to experiment with and implement new technologies across our entire architecture. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, willing to try new things, and constantly push the envelope. This position reports to the Director of Web infrastructure.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Systems performance tuning with a focus on high availability and scalability.
- Infrastructure architectural scoping, design and implementation
- Automation (Orchestrate systems provisioning, processes, and test all of it)
- MYSQL database administration (query optimization, replication, MHA)
- Keep the lights on (Day-to-day administration)
- Deployments (Improve Continuous Integration/Delivery)
- Scale high traffic websites
- Be a contributing member of our Information Security Program
- Experience with AWS infrastructure (VPC, Security Groups, EC2, S3, CloudFront, Redshift, Elasticache, RDS (MYSQL/Aurora)).
- Experience deploying scalable web infrastructure (Apache/NGINX/PHP/PHP-FPM/Redis/Memcache/MYSQL)
- Strong experience with containers (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Experience deploying microservices-based architecture
- Load testing (Gatling and JMeter)
- Experience deploying and supporting microservices
- Solid understanding of DNS, TCPDUMP, CDNS, SSL, Git, Firewalls and network concepts.
- Strong Linux fundamentals (CentOS/Ubuntu).
- Scripting ability (Bash, Ruby, Python, PHP)
- Strong experience with automation tools (Jenkins/Terraform/Packer/Ansible/Chef)
- Analytical/problem troubleshooting to resolve infrastructure issues.
- Understanding of monitoring tools (Pagerduty, Newrelic, Sumologic, Datadog)
- Solid understanding of Google Cloud (GCP)
- Experience deploying Varnish