The Project Manager is responsible for leading the delivery of Newgistics’ services. This individual will own the project schedule, coordinate service development activities, and manage operational and external dependencies. This individual will lead a team of software developers, operations engineers, and quality assurance engineers to a predictable service delivery schedule. This individual must have the ability to lead large-scale development efforts to deliver services that are high quality, meet specified requirements, and are completed in a timely manner.
- Orchestrate detailed technical work of project, from release contents definition thru release delivery and into production
- Work with product management to obtain high quality requirements
- Lead the development, operations, and QA teams to service delivery
- Ownership of technology and operations implementation project plans. Coordination of development resources, interaction with quality assurance, development, operations, account management, finance, and product management to ensure on-time service delivery.
- Communication with all teams involved in project of current project status, dependencies and risks.
- Understanding the service vision (owned by Product Management) in enough detail to strike a balance between tactical objectives and the vision
- Establish operations and software development priorities/direction
- Acquire accurate time and resource estimates for major development tasks
- Provide a detailed work-breakdown structure for teams
- Manage third party relationships and dependencies. Coordinate relationships and integration with third party application and systems
- Integrating customer rollouts, integration activities, and account updates into the overall service plan
- Demonstrate technical leadership. Provide best practices and guidance to the team.
- Track and manage development effort
- Manage requirements changes (ability to renegotiate project commitments)
- Manage the complexities associated with multiple ongoing service releaseschedules and helping other departments understand their impact
- Manage smooth transition of release to production, and delivery of services by account management and integration teams
- Participate in service design activities
- Ensure quality is built into the work products produced by the operations and development team
- Coordinate integration with 3rd party software (i.e. WMS) providers
Supervisory Responsibilities: Y or N?
- Knowledge of systems software engineering processes and best practices
- Domain knowledge in reverse logistics, transportation services, and/or integration technologies
- Experience in the technical aspects of leadership in creating service applications.
- Strong team interaction, leadership, management and active participation in technical decision making
- Experience in managing the design and development of all or substantial portions of a large software and/or services project on-time
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Project or other project scheduling and management tools
- Ability to demand excellence from team members
- Good written and excellent verbal communication skills are required
- Excellent listening skills.
- At least five years’ experience leading medium to large-scale software application or service development.
- M.S./B.S. preferred in computer science, logistics, or other related technical discipline.