IT Systems Engineer specializing in the management and operations of Linux & Windows server/workstation environment in support of the Digital/HWIL Event Planning & Operations TRDs at the Missile Defense Integration and Operations Center (MDIOC), Schriever AFB.Primary duties include installing, troubleshooting, patching and maintenance of the BMDS Ground Test Center (BGTC), Flight Test, War games & Exercise, and Digital lab assets & infrastructure.
Candidate will maintain Red Hat Linux and Windows systems and provide daily support for hardware and software issues, data recovery, system upgrades, software upgrades and configuration issues. System Administrator will perform system administration on specialized Computer Network Defense (CND) applications and systems (e.g., HBSS, ACAS) to include installation, configuration, maintenance, and backup/restore assistance• Will be responsible for loading and supporting required system software including: Microsoft Office 2010, additional products in the Microsoft suite of software, test applications and GOTS (Government off the Shelf) Software, and COTS (Customer off the Shelf)• Responsibilities include ensuring system software installs, maintenance, break fix activities, as well as executing cyber security initiatives and sustainment are done in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements• Candidate must quickly adapt to new situations and short deadlines, work unsupervised at times and have a strong commitment to a team environment.• On-call and occasional local travel is necessary to support customer requirements, troubleshooting and testing.
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, work well in a team environment, have strong interpersonal skills and have a positive, can-do attitude• Highly self-motivated and self-directed, with keen attention to detail; have creative problem-solving abilities; ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment; work with minimal oversight.
- Experience with SCCM, and remote administration, as well as experience with Active Directory• Experience with Linux System Administration in a networked environment.
- Experience using MS Office tools, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
• Must have Security+ with Continuing Education (CE) or equivalent certification under DoD 8570.01-M.
- Professional hands-on experience in design, implementation and troubleshooting of the following technologies: Microsoft Windows Computing Environments, Knowledge in/with DISA and SHB imaging standards,
- Existing DoD Secret Security Clearance
Location(s): Schriever Air Force Base
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.