Description Summary: The Manager of Health Economics and Outcomes Research is responsible for the oversight and performance of the Pharma Services Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) clinical research department. The manager is responsible for supervision and support of staff, new business, as well as ongoing corporate initiatives. The manager will help facilitate workflow and provide leadership and direction to the team.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Provides scientific leadership in the design and development of outcomes research and clinical research studies by:
1. Manage day-to-day research operations
a. Lead/manage/support implementation of health economics, outcomes, and research initiatives with customers and accounts.
b. Oversee departmental functions, workflows, policies and procedures to ensure that all Federal and State regulations and contractual agreements are followed.
c. Oversee the implementation of processes and system enhancements which will improve the overall quality and service provided.
d. Meet with client(s) to review work plan(s): schedule and conduct meetings; describe data sources; indicate how findings and recommendations were developed; etc.
e. Identify/initiate technology solutions to improve employee productivity and quality.
f. Perform statistical and descriptive analysis and other data analytic functions.
g. Present and disseminate study results via manuscripts, white papers, reports, and conference presentations.
2. Support new business initiatives
a. Support proposal writing and budgeting; participate in defining how the study will be performed and the deliverables to be presented.
b. Lead establishment and maintenance of client contacts to support new business opportunities by presenting company capabilities and services
c. Prepare project deliverables (protocols, analysis plans, reports, presentations, publications, models).
d. Identify, develop, and launch differentiated solutions to pharmaceutical companies, managed markets clients, and other partners.
3. Supporting strategic company-wide initiatives
a. Manage capacity and utilization across multiple projects.
b. Understand and manage project financials for self and team.
c. Analyze trends and identify/implement departmental initiatives.
d. Provide input into and support all applicable employee and other training programs for the department staff to ensure that requirements are disseminated and understood.
e. Oversee the recruiting, performance, development, and mentoring of staff.
f. Initiate cross functional/departmental discussions and initiatives to remove barriers and improve communications and workflows. Requirements Education/Experience:
Doctoral level degree in relevant field in public health, epidemiology, health services research, economics or from College of Pharmacy, College of Medicine; and respective Pharm.D., M.D., or Ph.D. degree required; Three plus years of pharmacy or medicine experience including two years of research experience within academia, contract research organization (CRO) or other similar site experience required. One year of leading or managing post-marketing (Phase IV) applied research experience required. Direct experience with specialty pharmacy, payors/managed care and/or pharmaceutical manufacturers is preferred.
Certifications and Licenses:
• Successful completion of state board exam, as applicable
• Pharmacist, medical or nursing license in good standing
• Maintains continuing education requirements, as applicable
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Directly supervises employees in the utilization review and outcomes research sections of the Clinical Services department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of modern algebra while analyzing data and generating reports.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft products.
Information Security Expectations:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to abide by Diplomat’s information security policies, employee handbook and security and privacy regulatory requirements. Each employee is responsible for the secure and appropriate handling of Diplomat information, information received by customers, other companies and/or external parties.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
● Excellent understanding of health economic and outcomes research practices and overall space
● Excellent understanding of the US healthcare system
● Ability to conceptualize the presentation of results
● Ability to clearly communicate and contribute to written processes to ensure the consistent and quality delivery of items
● Strong oral and written communication
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and of analytic, modeling, programming, survey and/or database tools
● Behave Ethically: understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
● Build Relationships: establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
● Communicate effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
● Creativity/Innovation: develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
● Focus on Client Needs: anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
● Foster Teamwork: work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
● Lead: positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
● Make Decisions: assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
● Organize: set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
● Plan: determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
● Solve Problems: assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
Requisition Number 17-0453