Interior Designer 10 - 15 years exp. with Corporate Interiors projects for Gensler Morristown, NJ
Gensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether we are refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
Gensler Morristown was named by NJBiz Magazine as one of the 2017 Best Places to Work in New Jersey. We are looking for an Interior Designer with 10 - 15years exp. to join our Corporate Interiors team in Morristown, NJ.
As a Gensler Interior Designer, you are passionate about your craft and combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. You have exceptional design skills, a background in architecture or design, and a portfolio of innovative design concepts. You are an integral member of the design team who itches to contribute a point of view and craves participation in conceptual thought process and design exploration. With you as part of our team, interiors have never been so engaging.
What You Will Do
- Team leader of interior design projects that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting
- Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for construction
- Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
- Engage in marketing and business development efforts
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school
- 10 - 15 years of interior design experience on corporate interior projects
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, 3D, Rhino, Grasshopper, and other modeling software programs
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
- Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
- Ability to work in a team environment with good collaboration skills
- Excellent presentation skills