Oversees and works with show's team to organize all on-air content, show work-flow, and direction as well as critiques, conceptualizes, develops and produces full show segments within the creative vision of the host and the guidelines set forth by the company. Makes decisions related to creative processes, content development, production, PR and promotional materials including on-air, online, On Demand and all other facets of the public face of the show. Exercises a high level of creativity and executes programming assignments with minimal oversight. Creates and delegates all systems involved in production of daily show including phone screening, archiving, pre-recording show material and writing copy/assigning production orders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Host, Producer, Director and other show-related personnel to develop improved systems and appropriate delegation of work for all facets of the show.
- Works with team to improve overall sound and image of program.
- Coordinates, writes and produces original daily segments.
- Develops relationships with appropriate managers, agents, record labels, studios and artists to facilitate the booking of appropriate guests for the show.
- Attends weekly meetings with Talent department to facilitate the booking of appropriate guests for the show.
- Researches and books 'lifestyle' guests and oversees those assisting with guest bookings.
- Organizes all segments and guests into an entertaining/compelling and remarkable daily show.
- Organizes a rotating calendar of segments, features and guests.
- Researches news, topics and themes as show content for Host.
- Develops novel and creative ways to present content.
- Conducts weekly creative meetings to brainstorm ideas, select programming content and develop new features.
- Works with Interactive/Web team to develop content to cause subscribers to become aware of and sample the show.
- Researches guest backgrounds, develops interview questions and pre-interviews guests.
- Provides relevant, timely and vetted information to Host for on-air interviews.
- Vets all news written for on-air presentation for accuracy and attribution.
- Sets up all aspects of any live broadcasts.
- Ensures that every element of the show is set-up and tested well before show time including broadcast equipment, computers, clocks and uplink.
- Monitors all aspects of the show live to insure proper PAD/PDT information is correct, show is not interrupted, guests are being guided into and out of studio and that the show is running smoothly and on time.
- Learns all aspects of all jobs overseen as a back-up to the work of Associate Producers, Producers, Interns and In-Studio Producers.
- Monitors all aspects of the show for quality control and reports content error and technical issues to the appropriate individuals for correction.
- Manages the consistent flow of communication among show staff.
- Keeps accurate show notes for archiving, promotional, 'Best Of' and research projects.
- Submits audio on a daily basis to be used as on-channel promotional material for show.
- Submits audio to PR and Interactive/Web team for possible promotional content online.
- Works with PR to develop a compelling show package that can be used to educate potential guests and news outlets in regard to the nature and popularity of the show.
- Oversees daily activity and workflow of Producer, Associate Producer and In-Studio Producer.
- 5 years relevant experience.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be incredibly organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.