Responsible for providinginvestment analytics for the Corporation’s operatinginvested assets, EnterpriseRisk Management and all benefit plans. Provide support and recommendations to department staff and Treasury Services leaders as needed.
- Identify and monitor risks in the enterprise investment portfolio and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Monitor portfolio concentrations and exposures to various sectors, securities, duration levels and changes in yield curves.
- Utilize VaR or other tools, perform scenario analyses including stress testing, sensitivity and worse case, to assess portfolio exposure to various market factors.
- Identify emerging investment risks and work with investment, credit, finance and portfolio management functions to mitigate risks.
- Develop and produce riskreporting within investments.
Other duties may be assigned. Prepare and finalize initial draft of quarterly designated corporate committee and Board of Directors investment packages. Prepare and finalize initial drafts of monthly, quarterly and year end investment analytical reports for BCBSM, subsidiaries and employee benefit plans.
Prepare and finalize all portfolio, alternative investment reconciliation, performance measurements and compliance reports for BCBSM, subsidiaries and all benefit plans.
Prepare initial draft of investment income budgets and forecasts for BCBSM and subsidiaries. Assist in preparation of capital budget plans and model maintenance for all operating assets and benefit plans.
Perform research and provide analytics for asset allocation, Enterprise Risk Management and external equity manager reviews and searches. Prepare and finalize initial draft of year-end reports (i.e. AM Best, Sarbanes Oxley, SRQs, debt footnotes) and financial statements for all benefit plans.
Assist in preparing and maintenance of statutory custodian accounts. Assist department staff, acting as a liaison between Investment, Subsidiary, HR Benefits and corporate general accounting.
Assist in preparing investment manager write-ups for traditional asset managers; assist in reviewing and providing analysis for alternative investment opportunities (private equity). Conduct three-way match for internal trades and resolve any issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field is required.
- Two (2) years investment experiencerequired, three (3) years preferred.
- Two (2) years investment analytical experiencerequired, three (3) years preferred.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assist and contribute to special departmental projects.
- Knowledge of PC software and accounting applications is required.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.