The Accounts Receivable Analyst will be primarily responsible for all aspects of the payment, deduction and cash application processes associated with Emery Jensen Distribution (EJD), a subsidiary of Ace Hardware Corporation.
This team member will own the deduction resolution process, work cross functionally to solicit information from various internal departments (i.e. Customer Service Center, Retail Operations, Warehouses and Credit) and coordinate the appropriate course of action needed to disposition the deductions timely. In addition, this team member will have the opportunity to develop and implement the new business processes and systems enhancements needed to facilitate the EJD business, develop new operational metric reporting surrounding deductions, research and disposition the more complex deduction issues, and serve on various company initiatives and systems projects as assigned.
What you’ll do
- Execute all functions of the payment, deduction and cash application process associated with the EJD business.
- Oversee and monitor the deduction resolution process to ensure deductions are researched and resolved timely.
- Work with IT, Accounts Receivable, Credit and EJD team members to identify, develop, test and implement the SAP systems enhancements needed to facilitate the efficient, accurate and timely processing of customer payments, deductions and cash applications.
- Assist Accounts Receivable and Credit management in developing, implementing and monitoring best practices surrounding the EJD payment, deduction and cash application process.
- Work with Accounts Receivable and Credit management to develop new operational metric reporting surrounding EJD customer disputes and upon approval, prepare and distribute the report to management on a monthly basis.
- Serve as a back-up for the daily and monthly departmental tasks, as assigned by the Accounts Receivable Operations Supervisor.
- Actively participate in corporate systems projects and initiatives as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Associates Degree; Bachelors Degreepreferred
- 5-7 years of accounts receivable experience in a larger corporate environment
- Proven customer service experience in a retail environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to understand, investigate and resolve disputes
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient in SAP and Microsoft Word and Excel