Barnes Group's Engineered Components - Associated Spring business has an exciting and challenging career opportunity available for a dynamic individual to join its leadership team as the Human Resources Manager professional leading the Bristol, CT Division. As Human Resources Manager, you will partner and work closely with the leadership team to ensure the development and implementation of business aligned HR programs and initiatives and manage the day-to-day labor and employee relations activities at the division. The right candidate should have excellent communication/interpersonal skills, effective coaching and facilitation skills and strong employee relation skills. You will play an integral role in supporting our business goals and objectives for increased growth and profitability. If you enjoy interacting with employees at all levels of the organization, and are looking for a challenge in which you can utilize your strengths to lead and manage the Human Resource function at the division level, this is the career opportunity you have been looking for.
- Serve as a strategic business partner who will contribute to business decisions and strategy to drive profitability and value, integrating business strategies into HR priorities which include labor and positive employee relations, management development and effectiveness, succession planning, talent acquisition and employee development to ensure an effective, productive and motivated/engaged workforce.
- Responsible for leading/managing all HR activities across the operations involving recruiting, employee relations, salary planning, employee training, benefits administration, and all other human resources related activities necessary to support the business needs.
- Provide human resources consultation and advice to employees/associates and management on Division organizational issues and initiatives with a focus on positive employee relations and employee engagement.
- As a member of the Bristol management team, participates and contributes to the implementation of BES initiatives. Ensure alignment of the employees and culture to support the business goals and objectives for increased growth and profitability.
- Leads, develops and motivates the team by empowering and encouraging initiative, requiring high quality, communicating openly and honestly and providing regular and fair performance feedback.
- Effectively administer the company’s human resource policies and programs for division.
- Work effectively with teams and manage with a style that is collaborative, inclusive and balanced in approach to achieve commitments. Continuously seek to improve the quality and effectiveness of the Engineered Components - Associated Spring organization through the effective selection, assessment and development of talent.
- Act as point of contact, manager and administrator on all BGI Human Resources programs, initiatives, and practices ensuring they are administered fairly and in a manner consistent with corporate policies.
- Ten plus years of progressive Human Resources experience working in a manufacturing environment is required. Must ha prior labor relations and negotiations experience
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with management, supervision and employees required.
- Must be forward thinking and strategic with respect to HR processes and systems, creating a climate for change. Uses influence in the organization to affect change. Understanding of lean principles and advocate for continuous improvement.
- Must be self-directed, flexible and able to prioritize work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent judgment/common sense, integrity and ethics.
- Understands and has working knowledge of applicable federal/state employment rules/regulations, etc. Works across organization boundaries, encourages teamwork and a sense of partnership.
- Impeccable integrity; superior interpersonal skills; able to communicate and engage personnel at all levels of the organization. Emotionally intelligent change agent who challenges the status quo and acts with a sense of urgency to deliver results.
- BS or BA in Human Resources Management or related field is required. MS/LIR or advanced degree highly desirable. SHRM Certification a plus.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.
Job Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular ExperienceRequired 10+ to 15years Intended Work Schedule Full time
Tracking Code 2480-271