Responsible for the administration, coordination and general management of all banking activities for a group ofbanking offices in a specific geographic area. Serve as senior commercial officer and primary business development officer for the city of market.
- Effectively lead a team of commercial officers and retail branches to achieve expected performance goals for therespective market through the development, implementation, and execution of annual and ongoing business plans. Serve as a mentor and leader for the team in their development to achieve established goals and objectives.
- Manage and execute an independent and joint sales calling and business development process within theassigned market area, and to develop new relationships and expand existing relationships through marketing ofthe bank’s products and services. Typically manage the market’s key customer relationships. Meet personal production goals for lending and deposit production, business line sales, and referral activity.
- Serve as liaison between the assigned area branch network and corporate support departments.
- Maintain the integrity of the credit risk management process, including loanportfolio quality, within therespective markets managed.
- Oversee and manage, in concert with Human Resources, the performance management and appraisal process for the respective area by assisting City Executives in personnel management to include (a) recruitment, hiring and orientation of new hires, and progressive discipline and termination of employees as needed; (b) Provide oversight of semi-annual and annual performance reviews for each City Executive and their respective branches and personnel; and (c) other personnel matters, including staffing, training, cross training and employee coaching and mentoring.
- Assist in planning and developing annual budget, goals and objectives, to include loan and deposit growth, expense control, fee income, retail product sales, managing operational risk and losses, and overall profitability for theassigned branch network.
- Maintain a positive public image in the assigned area communities through active participation in community and civic activities
- Keep abreast of local financial competition, events and opportunities to provide ongoing feedback and recommendations regarding the Bank’s competitive presence in the respective markets
- Responsible for complying with the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC policies and procedures. Ensure that Branch BSA Compliance Officers participate in semi-annual training, provide training on a quarterly basis to all branch retail and lending staff, train new personnel in BSA compliance and follow all procedures related to BSA, OFAC, Customer Identification Program, Customer Due Diligence as required by regulations. Report suspicious transactions related to lending and deposits to the BSA Compliance Officer.
- Resolve customer problems at the local level and assist in the collection of problem accounts.
- Ensure that facilities, grounds and equipment are maintained in good appearance and functionality.
- Ensure that each branch in the assigned area complies with established operational policies and procedures, and receives ratings of satisfactory or better on internal audits.
- Ensure that branches are in compliance on security policies and procedures. Provides assistance on all security matters, such as robberies, security equipment, fraud and related investigations
- Ten to fifteen years bankingexperience with heavy emphasis in commercial lending, staff supervision and general management of branch banking activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field or related experience/education
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in a fast paced environment requiring attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to make difficult decisions with a high level of effective communication
- Prior experience with Bank lending software preferred