Specialty - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative opportunity in the Cedar Rapids, IA area. Additional citeis within the territory include Ames, Waterloo, Dubuque, Burlington, Ottumwa and Davenport, IA
Purpose & Scope:
Achieve territory sales goals by promoting Astellas products and services to physicians and other medical personnel within assigned geography. Educate customers on the use, characteristics, advantages, indicated treatments and all other developments related to promoted products. Professionally represent Astellas in the field and ensure high levels of visibility and customer satisfaction in territory. Maintain effective communication and relationships with key external and internal customers.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Effectively promote and educate targeted physicians/HCPs on the use of Astellas' products through one-on-one meetings and group presentations, company-approved promotional speaker programs, and other company-approved means.
* Work 5 days in the field each week, supported by office time as needed for call planning, customer follow-up, preparing presentations, making appointments, report generation, etc.
* Ensure solid performance levels of call and field productivity. Meet Call Plan expectations and achieve territory product sales goals while adhering to all APUS-defined ethical sales practices, Compliance guidelines, and required promotional regulations
* Execute company-approved Product Marketing plans and territory/regional business plan activities
* Support targeted customers using company-approved resources, sales materials, and promotional activities/programs/initiatives as identified by Sales Management
* Coordinate promotional efforts with peers across franchises and co-promotion alliance partners. This includes appropriately managing/maintaining all company equipment and company-approved promotional materials (e.g., sales materials, company literature, product samples, etc.) according to defined company Compliance guidelines
* Achieve territory product sales goals while adhering to all APUS-defined ethical sales practices, Compliance guidelines, and required promotional regulations
* Ensure territory sales strategy execution using annual territory business plan, regional business plan, and call activity reports
* Accurately report/submit sales call activities, territory expenses and written reports and within deadline as defined by Astellas or the Regional Sales Manager
* Attend all company-sponsored sales and medical meetings as directed by company management.
* Additional duties as needed
* This position is responsible for achieving both territory product sales goals and territory sales activity goals through company defined metrics
* Is entry level, customer facing sales role
* Reports to Regional Sales Manager
* Maintains territory responsible for managing Astellas' primary care products
* Partners with specialty sales counterpart within assigned geography
* Balances territory and regional work and projects, while maintaining solid level of sales performance
* Exhibits solid level of skill in competencies
* Demonstrates sales influence within territory
* BA/BS degree
* 3+ years successful pharmaceutical selling experience
* Strong knowledge of sales processes and pharmaceutical products and industry
* Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
* Proactive; can do approach; takes ownership of situations
* Demonstrates problem solving ability; analytical; business acumen
* Solid motivational and persuasion skills
* Demonstrates team orientation
* Proven record of sustained high sales performance and achievement
* Proficient in MS Office Suite
* Ability to travel at least up to 50% of the time; and at times overnight travel
* Valid driver's license in good standing
* No criminal convictions resulting in suspension/revocation of driving privileges within the last 3 years
* 1+ yearexperience promoting specialty products and educating Specialty physicians (such as urologists, ob-gyns and dermatologists) on the use of the products
* Advanced degree or continued education
** Exact position title will be determined commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the incumbent