McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
The Surface Maintenance Engineering Planning Program (SURFMEPP) Activity maintains, monitors, and refines Class-wide and Individual-Ship Maintenance Plans for all non-nuclear surface ships to ensure material readiness for the projected service life; develops life cycle strategies to address system upgrades; and fully implements the Class Maintenance Plan into each surface ship's maintenance schedule and availability planning process. The SURFMEPP Activity is headquartered at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard in Portsmouth, VA.
The Program Analyst is responsible for providing support in the Corporate Operations - Support Services Division. Some responsibilities include:
- Liaison with other SURFMEPP Departments and Divisions Admin Assistants inside and outside for project coordination.
- Utilize MS Office software applications to draft and edit formal correspondence, briefs, presentations, databases, and data tables/charts.
- Employee is expected to look at processes associated with providing business and office management support services in order to assess relevancy and to identify linkages, interrelationships, redundancies and procedural problems/issues with recommendations for process improvements.
- Participates on ad hoc teams investigating command-wide business and office management support process improvements and the implementation or institutionalization of new programs and drafts and presents local guidelines and business practices for site management review.
- Assist in improving efficiency and productivity by performing the full range of administrative business and office management functions in a predictable and dependable fashion in compliance with established guidelines and accepted business practices as required to support the site with timely, effective, efficient and economical support services.
- Skill in utilization of personal computers and associated Microsoft software such as Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook.
- Assist administrative group with correspondence, records management, special projects, awards program support, and other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently, attention to detail, and superb customer interaction.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Adobe Pro
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Related military or civilian experience
- Knowledge of Navy organization and protocol
- Familiarity with Navy correspondence
- Business communicationsHigh school diploma or GED and five or more years of relevant experience OR, a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field OR, a master's degree in a relevant field.
- The applicant must have at least a DoD SECRET level clearance.