Apply your analytical, quantitative and management skills while expanding your knowledge of OTC derivative products and collateral management functions. Our Portfolio Reconciliation team is seeking a professional to manage a team that ensures regulatory compliance and manages counterparty risk by analyzing, investigating and resolving valuation discrepancies and disputes. You'll collaborate across divisions, including Sales, Trading, Finance, Compliance and Operations.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Portfolio Reconciliation is a team within Operations that ensures regulatory compliance with Dodd Frank and EMIR regulations related to derivatives in addition to helping manage counterparty and credit risk arising from disputes related to collateral exchange.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of Interest Rate, Credit, Equity, Foreign Exchange and Commodity derivative products including their valuation methods, functions and operational life-cycles
- Manage your team's risk management functions, ensuring adherence to regulatory and internal controls
- Ensure compliance with various regulatory frameworks and regimes related to OTC derivative trading to ensure compliance
- Ensure daily core processes are completed in a manner consistent with regulatory requirements and internal policies while ensuring top-notch client service
- Guide your team members' functional and career development
- Develop and deliver upon the team's short and long term strategies
- Use your leadership skills to manage the daily functions of the team, ensuring adequate coverage, timeliness, and process alignment
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities for risk mitigation and process improvement
- Imagine, drive and deliver projects and initiatives from inception to completion
- Develop the knowledge of how derivative products work operationally within the Firm and industry, with focus on how and why they are margined and collateralized
Skills and Experience We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related business field
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, who has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Basic understanding of financial markets and derivative products
- Industry knowledge, specifically related to finance firm Operations
- Experienceworking with bilateral collateral management or related functions
Job ID 2017-22829