CFO Borgess Health
CFO Borgess Health
The CFO provides market leadership in setting and developing strategic initiatives and physician alignment. Recommends strategies designed to achieve financial, strategic, operational, as well as system objectives and goals.
- Leads and oversees financial planning, policies, procedures and practices for regional market.
- Serves as liaison on financial matters among Board of Directors, executive leadership, and management.
- Ensures that all financial needs are met and that Finance MWF services focus on the execution of regional strategies through communication and coordination with other leaders. Summarizes trends (volume, revenue, expense, labor utilization, general business conditions, revenue cycle and other related areas) to focus leadership of issues and remediation opportunities.
- Develops and oversees maintenance of a continuous five-year comprehensive capital planning and execution process. Collaborates with executive leadership and the Strategy division to direct development of regional ISOFP and capital plans. Contributes financial expertise, based on financial, accounting, and industry trends, in the planning of new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue.
- Timely and accurate reporting and dissemination of financial information for Borgess Health leadership and Board. Develop financial systems that measure the operating performance of all system ventures as well as their return on investments.
- Assists the organization in developing a well-conceived Integrated Strategic and Financial Plan (ISFP) that integrates capital and operating budgets. This plan will be consistent with Borgess Health strategic plan, addressing issues regarding physician integrating, continuum development, riskcontracting, strategic partnerships, investment management, future capital needs and overall financial performance.
- Conducts financial feasibility studies for new ventures and provides information to marketing in order to support pricing strategies.
- Responsible for the Borgess Medical Center revenue cycle, including preauthorization, billing, collections, denial management, and other systems to insure accurate and timely billing and collection of payment for services provided.
- Recommends an investment policy and monitors investment performance of the Borgess foundation assets.
- Continually educates key leaders, providing them with real-time data and financial information that assists with more timely adjustments to operations.
- Serves on the behalf of, and represents Borgess on joint ventures such as the cancer center, the medical education program, the air medical transport service and others as requested.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not construed to be an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Required Credential(s):
- Finger Printing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting is required as of start date
- Master's Degree in Finance, Business or related field is preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years progressively responsible management experience in hospital finance or in other health care related organizations is required.
8years progressively more responsible management and leadership experience in hospital finance or otherhealthcare related organization.
Job ID: 199873