The Systems Engineer plays an active role managing the performance of technology components (e.g., hardware and software combinations) dedicated to business processes. Systems Engineers will collaborate with Architects, Senior Infrastructure Analysts, and Lead Application Developers to provide a stable environment by applying new and best practices in technologies to support business applications.
This position will be responsible for monitoring different components of technology, identifying areas of improvement in Business Process flow and recommending solutions to improve performance and user experience. The role is responsible for Capacity Planning and understands the strategic direction of the enterprise and the supporting IT systems and architectures. The position maintains knowledge of emerging technological trends and utilizes this knowledge to educate IT on opportunities to build better IT solutions. It will provide technical leadership as required to resolve technical problems, deploying technology solutions and provide subject matter expertise in areas of Public Cloud Infrastructure (AWS), Enterprise Class Storage Area Network (SAN), Enterprise Class Servers, and monitoring System performance.
- Provide guidance and assistance in implementation of system monitoring tools namely Mercury, Microsoft Operation Manager, and ArcSight
- Provide assistance in consolidating monitoring activities and tools
- Monitor performance and tuning of key technology components for key Horizon systems
- Collaborate with Solution Delivery Group to identify, recommend and resolve stability and performance issues based on monitoring tools
- Capacity Management and planning for Hardware and Software components
- Analyze and recommend Hardware requirements and Software requirements during opportunity assessment phase
- Baseline Business Process performance and monitor transactions
- Follow industry trends and best practices and recommend utilization in Operations Service Delivery(OSD)
- Assist OSD leadership in conducting product reviews
- Ensure successful completion of assignments given by the IT leadership team or the Director of Systems Engineering and Security Operations
- Understand Horizon architecture, IT standards and guidelines
- Serve as a consultant to other IT areas such as Architecture, IT Support Services and the Solution Delivery Group
- Participate and contribute to the development of an infrastructure life cycle for OSD
- Assist OSD managers in the development of Service level Agreements (SLA)
- Coordinate special projects for the Operations Service Delivery and Solutions Delivery Group pertaining to H/W platform upgrades and performance tuning, and ensuring they are completed successfully
- Requires good knowledge and experience of key infrastructure components (Servers, SAN, Operating Systems, Network)
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies
- Requires excellent knowledge of Hardware and Operating Systems, as well as Databases for Capacity Planning and management
- Requires knowledge of VMWare, Active Directory, SUN Identity Manager and Single Sign-On technologies
- Requires knowledge of Public Cloud Infrastructure Implementation (Amazon Web Services)
- Requires knowledge of distributed systems and application development framework
- Requires knowledge of best of breed computer hardware, software and services vendors
- Requires experience in Applications Development and Distributed Systems
- Prefers knowledge of healthcare industry environment.
- Prefers practical experience designing, developing and implementing Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) solutions, constructing n-tier applications, and delivering complex technology solutions in a large corporate environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires experience with VMWare.
- Requires strong experience with implementing a Public Cloud Infrastructure (Amazon Web Services) and Process Automation.
- Requires strong problem solving, and implementation abilities.
- Requires excellent analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
- Requires excellent communication skills and ability to write and discuss clear procedures regarding technical issues.
- Requires the ability to aggressively and persistently pursue solutions to problems.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of personnel.
- Requires minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory experience, specifically supervising professional technical staff.
- Requires the ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Data Processing or Mathematics.
- Prefers an advanced degree or other professional certification in Management Information Systems.
- Requires minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years professional experience in Information Systems.
Job ID: PT082017-10291