One of the most important investment decisions that you can make is the investment in your career.
Enerplus is an execution-focused organization that treats people with dignity and respect. We are a team of over 400 strong that is proud to produce oil and natural gas through our properties in Western Canada and the United States. For the past 30 years, we have strived to achieve exemplary results across all facets of the business. We enable employees to reach their full potential, we are a responsibledeveloper of resources and we give back to the communities where we operate.
Senior Financial Accountant
This is a full-time position located in our Denver Office and reports directly to the Manager for US Operations.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results for internal and external reporting needs
- Research and respond to complex financial accounting and reporting matters – especially as they relate to the Oil and Gas Industry
- Ability to data mine financial information and analyze the data proficiently.
- Foster teamwork and leverage knowledge of financial practices to improve processes, enhance communication and respond to the changing needs of our business partners
- Assist with various projects undertaken by the Corporate Finance team related to acquisitions, cash management, tax support, and the Sarbanes Oxley team to ensure all controls over financialreporting exist and are being documented and tested at least annually
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with revenue, joint interest and accounts payable groups
- Prepare and/or review journal entries required to reflect monthly activity
- Assist business analyst group with retrieving and analyzing financial data and accruals
- Provide support for regulatory compliance and audits. Assist in coordination with external auditors
- Calculation of payout statements
- Coordinate JV audits as needed
- Minimum of 6 years related oil and gas experience with Accounting or related degree
- Essbase experiencepreferred
- Excalibur experience a plus
- Possess a high level of expertise and experience with accepted accounting practices within the oil and gas industry
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills that is capable of adapting to a growing and changing business environment
- Intermediate to advance skills with Excel and Access required
- Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task responsibilities
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented atmosphere