Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB Corporation is currently seeking a Construction Manager I in our Virginia Beach, VA office.
Provides technical and engineering support to Project Management and Construction Management.
- Responsible for gross revenue of <$1M.
- Responsible for coordinating between Contractor and Architect in the timely resolution of technical field issues. Coordinates with Architects and Engineers for timely and accurate responses to requests for information.
- Reviews submittals for conformance to plans and specifications. Develops strategies with the contractor to create submittal packages that conform to schedule requirements.
- Confirms merit of change order request, develops estimates, negotiates costs and writes change orders.
- Coordinates with surveying, testing and inspection staff.
- Oversees staff in the maintenance and distribution of current contract plans and specifications.
- Confirms contractor’s maintenance of record drawings prior to monthly progress payment to the Contractor.
- Accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects appropriate to his/her discipline field.
- Coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness of accuracy of design effort.
- Serves as technical liaison with client on project efforts.
- Provides cost control on projects and quality control within discipline.
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of design team work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
8 years project/construction management experience
In lieu of education, Certified Construction Manager (CCM)
General Work Conditions
Combination Office and Field Environment: Most work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Work may infrequently be performed at client’s job site, construction trailer, and in the field. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment and doing extensive walking. Adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.