The Solution Architect for User Interface Development is a specialist in Angular, Hybrid Mobile, and Web Technologies, responsible for setting long-term software architecture direction for mobile and web in support of the company’s products and technology strategies.
In this role you will collaborate with the Software Engineering Managers, Product Managers and the other developers to influence and approve software design decisions for client-side software.
- Act as a hands-on development Architect and Lead with an active role in mentoring, training, and cross-training other developers, both Junior and Senior.
- Design and prototype client systems and applications that support the ALLDATA products.
- Document and communicate the architecture to the development team, third party vendors (as required), and all stakeholders.
- As the technology owner the standards-based ALLDATA UI Component Library, maintain and extend this vital resource for all of our UI developers.
- Collaborate closely with API Architects to design services that optimally support ALLDATA’s products and applications.
-Work with Engineering and QA teams to provide technical guidance and drive prototypes to finished products.
-Collaborate closely with UI/UX team to design consistent, Best in Class software solutions.
-Interface with stakeholders to carry out long term technology direction, especially acting as a translator of UI/UX designs and intentions into production software. Position Requirements - Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (Master’s Degree considered an asset)
- 7-10 years of full-time software development in a Senior or Lead role
- 3-5 years of experience as a Software Engineering Manager or Architect
- Full stack architecture experience with multi-tiered systems including knowledge of databases, networks, middleware, and a variety of front end architectures (MVC, etc.)
- Experience publishing mobile apps in at least one app store
- Experience with complete lifecycle of software applications (inception through sunset)
- Experience with modern REST API based applications
Mandatory Technical Qualifications
- Demonstrated proficiency and expertise with the implementation of modern user interfaces using a single page architecture, applying material design, and achieving responsive design goals that result in adaptive UIs across a range of form factors
Additional Technical Qualifications (Considered an asset)
- Experience with modern mobile and web development frameworks
- Proficiency in web development using REST APIs, and SPAs
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making
- Ability to communicate effectively via all channels with technical and non-technical staff
- Experience working on Scrum Teams in an Agile environment
- Unit testing, application profiling, monitoring, logging
- Other desirable technology background:
- Mongo, Oracle, MySQL, SOLR
- Solid grasp of networking, routing, proxies, load balancers
- Experience with CI tools: Jenkins, Artifactory, NuGet
- Experience with collaboration tools like: JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with security infrastructure: OAuth2.0, OpenID, IdPs
- Experience with automotive diagnostics: OBDII, DTCs, PIDs, J1979, J2534
- Experience working with or developing automotive diagnostic scan tools