Senior Software Engineer ( Java ) - Air Combat Training system
The T&TI Software Development Engineering team is looking for a dynamic Senior Software Engineer. The candidate will be a participant in the full software development life cycle on a software development team with the responsibility of developing Enterprise software from design through software unit test. The candidate will interpret software requirements and translate these artifacts into well formed software design.
The candidate will lead and mentor software team members creating the software design utilizing both written descriptions and Unified Modeling Language diagrams. The candidate will be expected to make design trade-offs, defend design decisions, and ensure the production of high quality code within budget and schedule. The candidate will ensure fulfillment of requirements via adherence to a well defined software process and by following stringent coding standards.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available to qualified applicants.
Must Have Requirements:
*Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Candidate must hold a current U.S. DoD SECRET Security Clearance or be eligible to obtain a U.S. DoD SECRET Security Clearance.
* Enterprise software development experience (Java, XML suite) (4+ years)
* Enterprise networking experience (4+ years)
* Linux development experience (4+ years)
* Experience following a well defined software development process (4+ years)
* Adaptable to change, enjoys learning new technologies, and contributes to a positive work environment
* Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
* Motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills
* Configuration management tools and processes experience
* User interface design experience
* JavaFX, Eclipse, and Rich Client Platform (RCP) experience
* UML experience
* Enterprise Architect experience
* FACE (Future Airborne Capability Environment) experience
* OOA/D architectures and design patterns experience
* Multi-threaded / scalable applications experience
* Experience investigating problems to the root cause and then championing the creation and implementation of corrective actions
* Bid and proposal experience
* Experience in developing products for military applications meeting government security or safety standards
* Background and/or knowledge of range test and training systems
* Knowledge and cognizance of Live Virtual Constructive concepts
*Agile development methodology experience