McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is looking for a Retail Sales Manager who will cover independent pharmacies as well as small regional chains in the Nashville, TN area. This is a field based position with daily customer facing responsibilities within the region so extensive travel with some overnights required.
The Retail Sales Manager (RSM) is an individual contributor sales professional responsible for the sales of our portfolio products and services to independent pharmacies within an assigned geographic territory. The RSM is a highly consultative role requiring the ability to effectively lead all interactions with the pharmacist in charge and/or business owner of the pharmacy. The RSM will develop the appropriate strategy for each assigned account and lead the coordinated execution of various products and service throughout the sales process. The RSM will position McKesson as a trusted and expert partner.
- Achieve annual budget objectives for assigned sales territory
- Build a comprehensive business plan to optimize short and long term territory performance
- Lead the execution of a consultative sales process from qualification to contract negotiations for all opportunities within assigned territory
- Build a robust opportunity funnel by organic (cold calling) and coordinated efforts
- Prepare for and provide meaningful participation in the future improvement and development of McKesson product and services leveraging the experience of our pharmacy partners
- Provides customers with marketing advice, financial analysis to formulate financial plans, managed care information, competitive data and profit enhancing opportunities through sales methodologies and programs designed to point out the benefits of company products/services/technologies
- Develops sales proposals, business reviews, sales presentations of specific products and services, demonstrations of products, merchandising plans, and sales promotions to grow existing business or capture new accounts.
- Ensures on-going attention to enhancing strong relationships with key customers in order to build/maintain the credibility required to retain business long term
- Through collaboration with other departments and coordination with staff in operations, delivery, inventory, credit and finance, provides problems solving and troubleshooting expertise to customers in servicing existing accounts.
- Through collaboration and team selling opportunities, participates in sales team presentations where appropriate to further enhance business growth opportunities, improve selling skills, and gain knowledge about the customer base.
- Maintain current, detailed and accurate data in our Salesforce.com CRM, providing an accurate sales forecast in real-time
- Special projects as assigned
- 4+ years sales experience, preferable in healthcare field
- Current valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- 4+ year’s sales experience healthcare preferred but not required.
- 4+ years business to business sales experience
- Must be open to extensive day travel by car with at least a few overnights per month
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to read P/L statements
- Experience in the retail/distribution, healthcare delivery, pharmacy, benefits or insurance industry helpful and preferred
- Consultative and partnership with a deep understanding of interpersonal communication and ability to identify customer needs
- Business/Financial Acumen
- Analysis/Problem Solving / Negotiation
- Relationship building with a focus on facilitating trust and open communication
- Influential communicator with focus on active listening and customizing messages appropriately for differing audiences
- Ability to navigate complex environments successfully
- Strong organization skills
- Organized, accountable, assertive and focused on results
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 4-year degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Position is field based with extensive territory travel by car
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please