Job DescriptionWant to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity?Want to be a part of a company that was named as the2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software DSP Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
A comprehensive relocation plan is available for qualified applicants.
Rockwell Collins requires a Senior Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Software Engineer with a passion for engineering and the desire to be part of an innovative, dedicated team responsible for industry-leading Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) related products. Our team needs engineers interested in architecting, designing, and developing software for real-time embedded GNSS anti-jam electronics systems for military ground, airborne, and weapons applications.
As a part of this team, you will have responsibilities spanning all phases of the software engineering life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, code development, integration, verification, and documentation. Assignments may include tasks such as developing software tools, supporting field demonstration efforts, providing customer support, and mentoring other engineers. The successful applicant should be knowledgeable and skilled with a variety of development and test tools as well as proficient in the development of embedded signal processing hardware/software applications.
Must Have Requirements:
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* US Citizenship
* Ability to obtain a DoDSecurityClearance
The successful candidate should have experience in the following general skills:
* High motivation to solve problems and continuously improve existing products
* Desire to contribute to a results oriented product development team
* Solid understanding of software development processes for real-time embedded hardware/software applications
* Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
* Ability to work well with a diverse team
* A genuine desire to learn and innovate
In addition to the general skills listed, the ideal candidate will bring experience from the following specific technologies and engineering tools:
* Software requirements and architectural skills with functional decomposition, subsystem interface definition, technology application, and analysis.
* Strong writing skills necessary to produce effective documentation.
* Experience with embedded hardware and real time hardware systems.
* Experience with C/C++, Model Based development or other high-order languages in an embedded application environment and experience with hardware centric products.
*Experience developing Digital Signal Processing systems
*Experience with SW requirement and development tools such as: DOORS and Jama
This position offers abundant opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge of GNSS antijam technology and receiver architecture, and to apply that knowledge in a team effort.
Rockwell Collins continues to build on a strong history of providing navigation equipment to meet the evolving needs of commercial and military users. Our navigation solutions provide enhanced situational awareness and pinpoint accuracy for airborne and surface missions worldwide. Leading the way in the GNSS and radio navigation technology, our array of products and systems cover airborne, precision-guided munitions, ground handheld receivers and embedded applications.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more